Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Will be going up against blood angels im sure in the coming weeks. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with this new blood angel Dex?
I have read the only way to deal with them is with extra cheddar CSM armies...of which you all know what that build up is. This information (i'm told) is because of codex creep....the equivalent unit in the blood angels codex costing less with overpowered characters such as mephistion etc.
Not so 100% this is the case, but would value opinions please.....is it extra cheddar all the way? Or is there a standard list that will give thos turbo boost preds and deep striking landraiders the big f**k off?
You don't need to run a cheesey list to trounce the Blood Angels. Just because the new Chaos Dex is transitional codex, that doesn't mean it is any less competative then the new 5th ed. dex's.
Just take 2 Vindicators or 4 Obliterators. Next Take a few Daemon Princes with Warptime and Wings. Those two things (Psychic powers aside) are almost an auto include in most Chaos lists. For troops you really can't go wrong with either Plague Marines or Berzerkers, but Thousand Sons and Noise Marines can also be effective if tooled out correctly. After that just don't take bikes, raptors, or possessed and you should be fine.
The Wolf time is upon us!
Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar
Intrepid's Top Ten List for Fighting Blood Angels
1. Note that BA is a very character-heavy army. Target his Sanguinary Priests and one-model squads first; once they go down, BAs are just ordinary Marines again. This also gives you an edge in kill point missions.
2. Bring your powerfists. BAs have more Dreadnoughts than any other Marines right now. The Librarian Dread is particularly annoying; kill it early if you can, and make a special effort if it has your opponent's only psychic hood.
3. Deny BA the charge. This will take some work, but a lot of BA superiority is lost when they can't use Furious Charge. Probably the best way is to bait them with smoked Rhinos. Also, have counter-chargers standing by; a list full of lone-wolf units isn't the way to handle Blood Angels, and our troops are tough enough to hold until backup arrives.
4. On a related note, watch those bubbles. Sang Priests can only grant their benefits to units that are very close to them (assuming the Priest hasn't joined that particular unit); a well-placed charge can pull a squad too far away for a Priest to buff them.
5. Watch your opponent's composition closely. Chaplains and Sanguinary Priests cannot be added to 10-man units in Rhinos or Drop Pods; there's no room, and 9-model units don't get full wargear access just like in C: SM.
6. Bring some ranged firepower. Many BA players try to get around the transport-capacity issue by fielding lots of jump infantry. Those units have serious terrain issues and little protection from ranged weapons. Including just a couple blast templates in your army will pay off handsomely in dead loyalists.
7. Remember to backstab your opponent. Like most high-mobility armies, the Blood Angel players I've seen have a habit of pulling together a huge bum's rush and leaving only a half-squad of Scouts or Tacticals to sit on their home objective and watch the carnage. If you can send a Terminator or Chosen squad their way then you can claim an easy victory, or at least force your opponent to redirect some of his forces.
8. Descent of...Prey? The BA 'Descent of Angels' ability can be great fun for us if our opponent precision-deepstrikes into a trap. Either they meltagun a vehicle and stay clumped up for some glorious template-throwing, or they deepstrike and then spread out...giving us a golden opportunity for first strike. Set up something nasty during your deployment/first turn and see if your opponent falls for it!
9. Remember you can start everything in reserves. If your BA opponent thinks he can throw a lot of outflankers or Drop Pods at you for a crippling first strike then starting in reserves may deprive his list of its primary strength. You risk coming onboard piecemeal, of course, but this is a reasonable price for keeping the strategic initiative.
10. Relax. Chaos Marines are THE close combat MEQ army. Blood Angels pride themselves on fancy models and cool rules, but once the slugging match begins our Berzerkers and Plague Marines will prove their worth once again. BAs need those cool toys and abilities to compete with the innate superiority of our troops. Deny them their advantages and let them come!
"My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard
Intrepid covered it best. I've had less problems with the new BA than I do with the spacewolves.
Treat the BA like you do any other vanilla (codex) space marine army. Kill the special characters first, and the rest follow very quickly.
Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)
Firstly don't freak out about all the fancy toys the Blood Angels have. It dose not matter how nasty they sound on paper nothing is invincible. The blood angels fall to bolter shells the same as everyone else, just don't let them play their game. They are good in assult but their best units cost a good chunk of points. For example the Death Company and Sanguinary Guard and the Sanguinor. damage these guys out with some heavy fire then hit them first with bezerkers to deny them the charge bonuses. That should take care of them. Also Intrepid hit this stuff right on the head.
I would also say not to underestimate the mark of Slaanesh against BA. I tend to run a lot of lists with five man Noise Marine squads with blastmasters, and have taken numerous charges from BA assault marines only to unexpectedly hold my ground against them until help could arrive; that I5 helps reduce the incoming attacks (or lets you strike simultaneously if he charges), and always being equipped with a pistol and CC weapon means you'll be getting just as many attacks per model as him after the charging is said and done.
Mephiston is very much a big worry, though. He's the only guy you'll HAVE to shoot in order to take down, which will take some generous melta and plasma.
BA's are not that scary, if you know what you are up against.
First ask about the dred's gear. A furisio dread with blood talons will make extremely short work of just about anything in CC. Pop it before it gets that chance. It's talons grant it an immediate extra attack for every unsaved wound it causes.
Second, watch the special characters. They grant squads some amazing benefits, like rerolling hits/wounds on the charge. I was unaware of this and lost my DP to a death company + chaplain charge. Nuke the characters and you will have an easier battle.
Thirdly, deny the charge at nearly any cost. A lot of the BA's abilities are dependant on them getting the charge.
On a side note, my zerkers pretty much just laughed at the BA's, and then tore them apart don't worry about Death Company's FnP, just hit em with a large mass of wound, like a zerker charge, and they will go down.
The day will not save them. And we own the night.
CSM: W:25, D:3, L:9
DE:W:2, D:0, L:0
My suggestions would be terminators with combiplasmas and the odd PF. These can teleport in from our many icons and shred a BA unit with massed plasma. Use this on mephiston or a unit containing a sang preist to negate the FNP.
Lash princes of course are great at moving victim units away from priests to let you shoot them without FNP.
For troops the humble PM is king. We get FNP all the time and the blight grenades reduce the incoming attacks. They get FC but they beat us on initiative anyway and the +1S is negated by out T5. Make sure sangunary guard die ASAP as they could cause us problems.
Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.