How would you write a book from a chaos space marines perspective? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would you write a book from a chaos space marines perspective?

I want to write a story but dont know how to write it when it comes to death guard???? also wha would you base that sought of story on?

any help greatlyy appreciated

i am meant to put soething clever and cool in this box, But do you know what i really cant think of anything at all. LOL <-----sums me up very well

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Arrogant, bitter, often lost in memories of battles long since ended.
    Scornful and mocking of the lesser servants of the false god, disdainful of the world around them.
    Often introspective, comparing loyalist forces to a rose-tinted view of the past (how small and feeble modern marines are compared to the giants of the crusades and all that), practically sleepwalking into battle until angered and then all wrathful and vengeful with a hint of sorrow and torment that they are invariably going to get kicked in again, another failed attempt to reclaim lost glory.

Add in some brooding and moping, a mixture of concern and self-affirmation about mutations and the big 'plan', some adoration for their primarch, some snarky comments about other legions, some decent "in time all will fall / you worship a corpse / i'll get you next time gadget" fist waving and wrapped up and the end with the fact that this guy has been doing the same thing for many centuries, it's his day job with no end in sight - a pawn of a pawn with delusions of grandeur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks A.T but how would you start a story off and what would be a few ideas for a story???
    i am meant to put soething clever and cool in this box, But do you know what i really cant think of anything at all. LOL <-----sums me up very well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far I've only finished one BL book, it started with the Marines in a temple I think, anyhow they were ambushed by Chaos and lost their leader, anyhow I think starting with a big battle or just maybe a small fight, something like that might be fun to write and read, depending on who you are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for that SCORCH62 and just one question. it will be simple but whats BL?

and any others except for that as want multiple stimuli before i weigh my options up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Library mate, they publish the Warhammer 40K books I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh i thought it was going to be simple . so have you ever wrote any short stories or had any thoughts on how to do one'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i will make a thread and start my story and progress and get advice on it. One question- do the warhammer 40k Books from BL have chapters or is it just writing continuously?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by "do the warhammer 40k Books from BL have chapters or is it just writing continuously?" If your asking if you read them in a certain order, then their are saga's or trilogies that are ment to be read as a whole, like the horus herasy saga or the Word Bearers trilogy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh no it doesnt matter now but i will create the thread when i have written my first chapter and then will update it whenever i have made progress!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast