A DP built out of left overs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    9 (x1)

    A DP built out of left overs

    So I bought the chaos battleforce last week and I find out that it may arrive Sep 7 or 8. So the waiting was driving me crazy so I decided to take the left overs from my DP sprue and make an extra one. I had a front body 3 arms and a head to start with, I just needed feet the back and wings.

    I have never use Green stuff or anything else and since I didn't want to go to GW store I decided to buy proxy putty from my hardware store which is a block away from my house.
    I got something called Propoxy 20 which starts to dry after 10 minutes and becomes rock solid after 20. I found out that it is very good to form the "foundation body" of a model but is bad for details. So next time I may use it again and then try green stuff for details.

    any how here is the final product, I still need to work on the base an clean it a little bit.
    DP002.jpg


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Ghost of Rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    784
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

    That's actually pretty cool looking, I really like how it's serpent like, you don't see those. So did you form the wings and tail with this Propoxy 20?
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    9 (x1)

    Yes, the wings, the back and lower body (tail), I built them with propoxy 20. I did learn that you need gloves to work with it otherwise your model with end up with finger prints all over since it dries so fast. But it is awesome to work with.

  5. #4
    One Awesome Dude hotspike18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    United States
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,902
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

    That's a nifty prince there Barrakuda. By the way, a tip for working with putty stuff (I did this for Green Stuff, can't promise it'll work for the stuff you used) but a light amount of vasoline can really help manipulate things better and I *think* helps prevent as much finger printing - often I'll coat a sculpting tool in it and try to smooth over my prints.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    That's lookin quite cool i just got the new deamon prince and was thinking about doing something nurgely with the bits. can you post a pic of the back? id like to get an idea on how you shaped everything, cheers

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    9 (x1)

    thank you for your comments.
    I will keep that in mind Hotspike, I am planning to add some robes to hide the possessed and make them regular CSM and if I like the result I may even try to convert 5 regular CSM to have a full unit of CSM with robes.

    SpyTurtle, I didn't want to include a picture of the back cuz I haven't clean it but I am not going to be able to do it until later this week so here is the picture so that you can see it.

    what I did was to add to the back a tyranid tail (I think) that was donated by a friend of mine to make it look like a spine. Then, I added 2 bended paper clips for the support of the wings and then cover them with 2 little balls of propoxy 20 on each side of the "spine"and make them luck like muscles.

    After that, I added the tail. then the wings and some old shields from chaos fantasy also donated by a friend.

    Hope it helps

    DP002b.jpg
    Last edited by Barrakuda; August 30th, 2010 at 19:51.

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    thanks, that looks really sweet but i can see what you mean about the fingerprints in the putty lol

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts