Chaos vs Highly meched army? Any thoughts? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos vs Highly meched army? Any thoughts?

Hey guys, haven't been here in a few years so made a new account since I don't remember the info for the last one. Anyway, was wondering with the 5th Ed rules and the new Chaos codex:

"What would be the best way to fight highly meched armies with CSM as they are now?"

As they are now i mean, oblits no londer elite to support for high amounts of heavy weapons. And highly meched I mean ~3+ vehicles for every 500 points of list army.

Lets say up to or about 14-15 vehicles with considerable amount of mounted weaponry in 1500 points. Could be possible to squeeze that in with some races.

Any thoughts? Unit combination? What of use for said units?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

CSM actually fare rather well against mech armies. Plague marines with melta's/plasmas mounted in rhinos, obliterators still tear apart vehicles, a terminator squad with a bunch of multi meltas and a chain fist, our demon princes, power fisting champions, summoned greater daemons. We have a TON of ways of cracking open transports and popping enemy tanks.

Hell, even one of my more comical 1500 point lists (called the daemon bomb) can deal with lighter armor (10 rear armor?), you'll roll some 6's when you have 60 lesser daemons piled in around a transport :-P
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

It's as simple as making sure there is a Champion with a Powerfist in each squad of troops you field. There's not much in our book that can't deal with mech armies as most of our units can take some form of Meltagun or a Lascannon, and when they can't, they're usually strong enough to take down a tank in CC.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I have been taking havoc squads lately and mech is not a problem. 7 man havoc with 3 missile launchers or autocannons adds a lot of firepower.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the idea that there should be decent strength weapons in the list to deal with vehicles, but the question was slightly different. My question related when there is enough vehicles with anti-tank and anti-personal weaponry that unlike troops can move and shot their weaponry from behind blocking terrain. And their points being way cheaper then your squads, that they can kill in a single round of shooting with ap3 anti personal weaponry.

At first i thought about bunkering down and just shooting artillery. With squad in the back shotting out of rhinos to defend them against the anti-personal weaponry. Then my ideas changed to rushing for the enemy with a lot of melta squads. At least 4 rhino squads, maybe more and possibly some deep strike oblits/raptors. But now i'm not even sure. I don't know if that makes better light of my question, hope it does.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Chosen units can Infiltrate, so add this to the Outflanking rule and throw in a couple of meltaguns for good measure!

Play them at their own game, with twin-linked lascannon Predators with daemonic possession. Hunker *them* down and watch the fun. Rhino up with those powerfist loonies and a few nasty high-strength weapons in an otherwise standard CSM unit, get them up close and assault the vehicles. All CSM get krak and frags now, so strength isn't so much of a problem.

Teminators can have combi-meltas, powerfists, chainfists and reaper autocannons. Although expensive as a larger unit, they can deal out some serious nastiness.

Also remember that if the vehicles are being taken in squadrons, you ought to have a good read through the "Damage results against squadrons" rules on P.64 BRB. Lots of tanks in squadrons can lead to lots of suffering for the vehicles!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread