Mark for Terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Mark for Terminators

I finally got enough Lightning claws to do an all Lightning Claw terminator unit. Question is what mark to give them, I already have a tzeentch one I can swap(there will be a Champ with chainfist/Heavy Flamer in there regardless so if I want to switch marks I just replace one for the other). Nurlge looks okay, but khorne is even more attractive. If I went after TH/SS terminators they'd be wounding on 2's anyways and it is best to get as many hits in as possible. I think i will do Khorne for this one and the "Karmoon special" terminators, I can easily swap khorne Icon for Tzeentch so this is just for experimental purposes.

If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Slaanesh works the best for Lightning Claw Termies. Khorne is ok for this option, but Slaanesh really shines. They will be striking at the same time as most HQ's, and before almost any troops. These guys will absolutely maul a marine squad before the marines strike back.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though I agree slaannesh is far superior against marines, i like khorne on lc termies. I do not like the slaanesh upgrade because i dont like paying for something that doesnt come into play all the time. You will always use your extra attack, but if assaulting orks, guard, banshees (dont do this btw), tau, death guard, nurgle daemons, slaanesh daemons, and more, your points just became a waste. Plus, a squad of charging lc termies with mark of khorne will kill 4(!) thunderhammer/stormshield termies before the enemy can strike back, or 11 meq.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I find the tzeench one best, get that 4++ save.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Just throwing this out there, but our close combat termis actually perform better on the charge (and generally in the long run) with only a single claw & a combi-plasma. Cost is the same. Might be worth running the numbers.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

I agree with Rabbit, but as you are talking about dual clawed Terminators, I wouldn't bother with a Mark unless you are fielding 6+. If you are, then Slaanesh is by far the best for the following simple reason - the increased Initiative beats most MEQs so your Terminators will cut huge holes in the enemy.

The alternate reason is that pink teminators are just wrong, and therefore just right for Chaos.

+ Reply to Thread