Topic of the Week: Lucius the Eternal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topic of the Week: Lucius the Eternal

I saw that over on the Space Marine forum part and other armies sub-forums they had the Topic of the Week where they discussed the use of different unit, tanks and character. So i thought about starting them here on the chaos forum too, and i though about begining whit the cheapest unit in their respective FoC place, so we start whit Lucius the cheapest spesial character in the CSM codex.

Lucius the Eternal.
    Lucius stalks the galaxy as an arrogant and sadistic killer, is he still this killer or is he just not worth it for what he does? If he is still the killer then how should you use him and how should you not use him? Would you put him stationary whit some Noise marines whit a blastmaster or would you use him as an assault maniac whit a unit og berzerkers in a land raider? (these are just examples for those who didn't see it ^^)

So let the discussion commence.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Lucy is one of our better special characters. He's not quite the glass hammer of Kharn. Lots of fun too, with surprising staying power for a little fellow in power armor.

For use, I typically put him in a rhino with zerkers, despite fluff faux pas. I've also tinkered with giving him in a squad (yes) of Slaaneshi possessed, which isn't actually *that* bad.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

The Doom Siren is one of his best features. The ability to wound marines on a 3+ whilst negating their armour and cover saves is gold.

Nothing is better than "debussing" a unit and having them clustered together and then hitting them with 2 doom sirens.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

I'm doing a more or less fluffy list, now I haven't played him in a big game, but a couple of skirmishes with my girl friend, she hated it. 9 Noise Marines and Lucius. All of them firing on the assault profiles of the weapons does some pretty decent damage, and them moving them into assault. Did pretty well. 2 Doom Sirens, 14 assault "Bolter" rounds, and 2 assault/pinning "Heavy Bolter" rounds. Then as long as the opponent doesn't take models from the front putting you to far from assault, 19 Marine hits and then 4 from Lucius, all hitting first...and no Plasma blowing up in your face like Berzerkers with plasma pistols.

+ Reply to Thread