Beating Nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beating Nids

Zap
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beating Nids

Does anyone have any luck against the Nids who put poison sacs on all their Homies and Termies? Essentially they wound and all of our units on a 4+. Given their numerous attacks and our poor chance to roll saves, I just cant seem to figure it out. You may suggest to deep strike in more tactical locations, but a smart Nid player will kind of build a wall around his non troop army and just shoot you to pieces. Another suggestion may be to field 3 Soul Grinders and template or tie up the troops, but my lists are made to face anyone, not a specific opponent. You really can't try to take out his MCs with ranged attacks as we are not a shootie army, and you will die getting into CC. I was just curious how other Daemon players dealt with this type of army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Il'll help you.

Daemons are a MUCH better CC army than nids. first of all we all have inv saves, something nids dont. Second of all our CC troops all have power weapons, 3rd we all have eternal warrior.

Try taking a balanced list between MC demons and foot guys. Horrors for shooting down the horde. blood letters/ crushers to instantly demolish nid MC. Then bring your own greater demons for good measure.

If its high point, the best solution is taking fateweaver.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Kill the nids anti-tank. It will DESTROY them, focus fire on the big units and keep your army spread out.
    If you can get the nids to split you have done very good, since they need synapse so it isolates their commanders, careful of the stealers, they will destory anything you can throw at them in CC, so kill them from range

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

Depending on their Nid line up, I found that Daemonettes as a troop choice do pretty good and here's why: 1) They are relatively cheap so you can take lots for the points, 2) they are faster with Fleet, 3) They have tons of attacks, 4) They have the Aura of Acquiescence which means if the Nids attack first, they do not get their extra attack, 5) Their initiative is high enough to compete with the Nids, 6) Rending is always good. Just as a good tip: I'm finding that Nid players aren't getting their number of attacks right; the players I've played count an extra attack with paired weapons. On page 33 of their codex, it states they never get an extra attack with paired weapons as the attack is represented in their profile. I also find that daemons with Breath of Chaos can wipe these suckers out quick; try Flamers as an elite choice for a change. I know many people believe that other elite choices are better, but I implore you to try it just once and see. I've had great luck with them. With Nids, you need to take out large numbers since they are a swarm army so ordinance weapons from Soul Grinder or to a lesser extent Ku'Gath are your friend. (Ku'Gath is too many points to take in small games so only take him in big point games say 2000 point minimum). I also found that Aura of decay can kill lots of these things for cheap.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

As both a tyranid player and a daemon player, I'll admit that tyranids are a tough match-up against daemons. Almost everyone of their units can handle everyone of our units. They can almost match us in assault, and they can definitely outshoot us. Poisoned attacks just kills our daemon princes and greater daemons, and they can generate free scoring gaunts with their tervigons.

I'd say our best chances for success is a slaanesh-based army. Slaanesh is faster than all their units except for the genestealers and can generate enough attacks to kill their monstrous creatures as well as hordes. Tzeentch flamers are also very handy when combined with pavane. Pavane them nice and tight and let the flamers go to BBQ. Units I like against Tyranids:

Skulltaker (he'll own any Tyranid Monstrous Creature who's not the Swarmlord)
    Masque (3 pavanes...nice!)
    Flamers (BBQ time)
    Fiends of Slaanesh
    Bloodcrushers (good against any army, just slow)
    Daemonettes
    Seekers
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

The above posts are good. I just wanted to add that from experience (Nids is one of the ones I face most often) you NEED to kill the Tervigons as quickly as possible. Take them out as soon as you can, and the rest of the army shouldn't be too difficult.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread