Help vs possible Thunderwolf Cav at 500 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Help vs possible Thunderwolf Cav at 500 points

I'm entering an escalation league this week with my CSM army and I have a feeling that I might be seeing a large amount of Thuderwolves at 500 points due to our large number of Space Wolf players in the area.

Here are the rules of the league:
    - You must take at least one Troops selection (1+).
    - You MAY take a maximum of one HQ choice. (0-1)
    - No model may have: more than 2 Wounds; or Toughness > 5; or saving throws better than 3+.
    - No Special Characters.
    - No mobile vehicles with an Armour Value greater than 33. (Add Front, Side, and Rear Armor values)
    - No vehicles armed with Ordnance weapons.

I have a plan for my list at 500 points, but I am interested in seeing what people think is the most efficient way of taking on possible 8 TWC lists at 500 points while not completely screwing yourself vs other lists.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

I play Slaanesh exclusively, so this would be my Emperor's Children list for 500pts:

5 Chosen Marines with Champion: 1 meltagun, Champion takes twin Lightning Claws and meltabombs, unit has Mark of Slaanesh. 155pts
    5-man Noise Marine static unit with 4 sonic blasters and one blastmaster: 160pts
    5-man Noise Marine mobile unit with bolters, Noise Champion with power weapon, meltabombs and Doom Siren, Rhino: 185pts.

Total: 500pts.

Good firepower base, with variable combat/firepower unit in Rhino (drive-by Doom Siren, anyone?). All at Init 5, Doom Siren deadly against MEq armour and effective against TWC too. Chosen use either Infiltrate or Outflank.

E.
    Last edited by eiglepulper; October 4th, 2010 at 21:05.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread