Force Organisation - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Force Organisation

Do you guys always build your armies around a single force organisation? Ever since 3rd edition, I've hated being stuck with only 3 HS/ FA. I know the book says "you" can use 2 or more charts in larger games, but what do you guys consider larger games? 3000pts and up?? In addition, do "you" have to get the other players consent to field a 2nd FOC as long as you are within the pts limit? OR, could I just show up and blind side you with 6 Obliterators and 6 Dreads, all fully legal under 2 Force Organisation Charts...

This leads me to another question... If I were to use 2 FOC's, could I use an IW army with a WE army?? OMG 9 Oblits and 7 Dreads???? OMG!!!! 2 IW FOC's with 18 Oblits and 8 Dreads!?!

Sorry, I digress.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always. You should always fill one force organisation chart up before starting a new one. Technically, you don't have to, but it is bad form to power-play the rules that way, just for a single type of unit. And don't forget that you would have to have the obligatory 2 Troops and 1 HQ choice for each separate Force Organisation chart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I could take this post back because I got way off topic. I'm not a power player and don't really like taking advantage of the rules... it's just not fun to win like that.
    No doubt, both FOC's must have the obligatory spots taken (2 HQ and 4Troops).

When, though, can you use 2 FOC's?
    1) Anytime you damn well please
    2) Games over 2000 pts and more
    3) ONLY with other players consent prior to game
    4) Other

If you do use 2 FOC's, what are the limitations on the armies? Could World Eaters and Iron Warriors be used as 1 army under 2 FOC's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

I didn't know that
    ...damn I think I must go bck and refix my Nurgle army
    ---runs off to make alot of corrections---
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say large battles which require two or more detachments are counted from around 2000 points
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no official rules about exactly when you can take another force org for your army. Other than having to fill the mandatory slots of each force org, and GW's vague reference to 2000 points being a good breaking point, I recommend that all sides know in advance how many force orgs will be allowed in the game. In tourney's you cannot show up with multiple force orgs, and they won't be allowed unless the tourney organizers state so in advance. For friendly games, both sides should agree before they build the armies, otherwise its not a balanced game.

Often I play games with an imbalanced of the number of armies/players on each side, such as two players against one. During such games we use the same number of points on each side, and the short side is allowed the same number of force orgs as the multiple player side. For example, two marine armies of 1000 points, each with one force org; against one orc army of 2000 points with access to two force orgs.

You also have to consider the special items that only allow one per army, do you get one per force org, or one per total army? Best if you agree beforehand so each side knows exactly what's allowed.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing at the same time guys...
    When looking in the codexes you will se that sertain entries are "0-1" choices.
    When playing several detatchments how do you use thse rules then?
    Do you double the limitations to"0-2" or do you still use 1 as a maximum?
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Closed Thread