Scariest possible IG army to face at 750 as Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Scariest possible IG army to face at 750 as Chaos

I am on my second week in our local league and to prepare for each week I take my list I plan on bringing to the league and I proxy a list of an expected opposing army consisting of the scariest possible composition I can think of and then I play myself using both lists to the best of my ability. We are playing at 750 points this upcoming week with the following restrictions to our list.

- 250+ points must be spent on Troops selection(s)
    - You MUST have 1 (and only 1) HQ choice.
    - No model may have: more than 3 Wounds; or Toughness > 6; or saving throws better than 3+.
    - No Special Characters.
    - No mobile vehicles with an Armour Value greater than 34. (Add Front, Side, and Rear Armor values)
    - No vehicles armed with Ordnance weapons.

I ran about 4 games against a TWC heavy Space Wolf list and I'm satisfied with the results. I was wondering if any player here has enough experience playing against IG as Chaos(or vice versa) to give me an idea of what the scariest possible composition I can play against is at this points level following those restrictions. My list is mechanized with a balance between melee and shooting leaning more on the side of shooting.

League Stats: Orks 4W-1L-1T, CSM 4W-2L-0T, Dark Eldar 10W-6L-4T, Tau 3W-1L-1T, Blood Angels 4W-1L-1T, Imperial Guard 2W-1L-0T
    Tourney Stats: Blood Angels 6W-0L-0T, Dark Eldar 2W-1L-0T

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A solid build for chaos is always a daemon prince with any mark, I prefer tzeentch. And max out on chaos marines. Given the fact that chaos marines are the most versatile unit for the points, you really cant go wrong. Although against guard I wouldnt say no to a few squads of khorne beserkers with a powerfist wielding champion. I wouldnt even bother with transports for the troops. Its always a scary sight to watch 30 or so bloodcrazed berserkers running at you, with a daemon prince, it makes target acquisition a lot more difficult.

I AM ALPHARIUS

Martial of the Riddermark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

Maybe some heavy support like obliterators, heavy weapons and then means the rest of your army can remain mobile. I don't play against IG much, but the ideas above seem pretty solid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Goto the IG page. Ask them to post 750 point All-Comers lists as see what they come up with!

+ Reply to Thread