Fall of the False god. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Fall of the False god.

I don't know where this should go, so it goes here until a mod informs me otherwise.

So at work I was bored, and having a 40k lore discussion with some of the people that were at GW. I eventually left, and then started doing some research on the remaining Primarchs. Lo and behold it turns out that if Abbadon were to ever get a actual second heresy-esque war going, the imperium would fall. Just at a glance its really astonishing that Chaos hasn't won over yet. Here is just a short list of the primarchs, and their status.

Loyalist:

Lion El'Johnson - Alive, but asleep and hidden in his fortress. We will count him as alive and well for the final battle, as a galaxy wide war would probably warrant him awakening.

Jaghatai Khan - MIA. Last seen sucked into a webway. Counted as dead for the final battle.

Leman Russ - MIA. Last seen in the eye of Terror. Counted as dead for this.

Rogal Dorn - Dead. Died in a black crusade.

Sanguinius - Dead. Killed by Horus.

Ferrus Manus - Dead. Decapitated by Fulgrim.

Roboute Guilliman - Dead. Mortally wounded and poisoned. Held in a stasis field.

Vulkan - MIA. Disappeared.

Corax - MIA. Last seen heading into the Eye Of Terror.

The Emperor - Dead (kind of) Sits on the golden throne, mortally wounded. Serves to light the astronomicon, which grows dimmer by the day.

As it breaks down, we have 4 of seven dead, 5 including the emperor. and 4 MIA. Assuming the best case scenario, and all come back from MIA for the final battle, we have 4 Primarchs, and one without a legion.

Traitors.

Fulgrim - Daemon Prince.

Perturabo - Daemon Prince.

Konrad Curze/Night Haunter - Dead (Possibly). He let an assassin into his chambers, knowing the assassin would kill him, the vid-log is ended before the killing blow is struck, but we shall count him as dead.

Angron - Daemon Prince.

Mortarion - Daemon Prince.

Magnus the Red - Daemon Prince.

Horus - Dead, stolen and re-stolen, and his body is destroyed.

Lorgar - Daemon Prince.

Alpharius Omegon - One dead, one living (possibly). The kill on Alpharius is considered suspect, all that is known is that one of the twins is alive.

This one breaks down far more easily. 7 Primarchs living, 6 having ascended to daemonhood, which would grant them even more power, and eternal life (daemons don't die, they get cast back into the warp). 3 (or 3.5, or 4) are dead. All the primarchs have an army of some sort, be it their legion of their god's daemons.

Even more convincing is that Angron and others are now daemon princes. It has been said only Horus and Saguinius could best Angron in combat, and they are both dead. With his and the other's ascension to daemonhood, the remaining primarchs would have a serious problem keeping up with them.

If Abaddon were to unite the forces for even a short time, the loyalists really could not stand up to their combined might. Anyone else have some thoughts on this?

The day will not save them. And we own the night.
    CSM: W:25, D:3, L:9
    DE:W:2, D:0, L:0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but then there would cease to be a product anymore. As the majority of 40K players play loyalists... hence they are the 40K poster children and receive 90% of the product support.

Although, I would love to see the storyline take a turn towards a more realistic approach since all Imperial writings point to the Imperium failing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I didn't mean to imply any change in the actual model line, just something in the fluff I noticed that seems to make the war kind of 1 sided.
    The day will not save them. And we own the night.
    CSM: W:25, D:3, L:9
    DE:W:2, D:0, L:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't really implying a change in the line either. Merely stating that even with it looking as if Chaos could crush the Imperium, they will never write it as thus because 90% of their customers play Imperial forces of one or the other. I doubt all those ppl would simply switch to Chaos because the writings deemed it so. Tis all =)

Martial of the Riddermark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

True, chaos would win, then dominate the galaxy and all warhammer 40k games would be pretty one sided (no opponents to fight). Anyway, too many people collect imperium to change the line, but still, we know we are truly victorious (in the background anyway).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

One of the issues with the daemon princes. They slowly bleed their powers as they come into the material world. Read up on the wars for Armageddon. Angron was laying waste to it, then the warp storms started to subside, and he started to lose ground.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

One of the issues with the daemon princes. They slowly bleed their powers as they come into the material world. Read up on the wars for Armageddon. Angron was laying waste to it, then the warp storms started to subside, and he started to lose ground.
    Not to mention they've suddenly picked up daemon weaknesses. Like faith, and Daemonhammers. It's like when your Charmeleon evolves into a Charizard, and starts getting killed by Raichus.

On a similar topic, how do true names affect Daemon Primarchs? Cause, you know, they're pretty well known guys.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Nhyx View Post
    One of the issues with the daemon princes. They slowly bleed their powers as they come into the material world.
    Isn't the other trouble the fact that there are only certain places a force of any significance can come through in to the material world? Like, thought the Eye of Terror, and straight into the most heavily fortified system in the entire galaxy, which isn't the best way to start the campaign.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by sithjack View Post
    It's like when your Charmeleon evolves into a Charizard, and starts getting killed by Raichus.
    I lol'd. Epic quote
    | Hybrid Warband | __*W:7 *D:1 *L:1__
    | Hive Fleet Hybrid | __*Not Unleashed*_

+ Reply to Thread