Chaos Terminators and Land Raider Dedicated Transports - unit size restriction? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Terminators and Land Raider Dedicated Transports - unit size restriction?

I don't see anything under the codex listing or in the 40k rulebook that states that in order for a dedicated transport to be purchased, the unit has to be able to fit inside. I am thinking that you can take more than 5 Terminators and still take a Landraider. I understand that they won't be able to ride inside until they are reduced to 5 models or less, but this seems like a good way to free up a HS choice in large games where you opt to choose one or more large Terminator Death Star units. Am I missing something?

"Ten thousand thundering typhoons!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that you are correct sir. Spam Land Raiders maybe? 4-5 land raiders in a 3k game would be awesome

Martial of the Riddermark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

Not certain as I can't find my rulebook at the moment, but I thought that it said the unit had to be deployed within the dedicated transport. Still as I say, not a definite answer, you would have to chek for yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you actually CAN deploy the dedicated transport without people inside it.

ex. If you face a team with lots of anti-rhinos, you can reserv the rhino and start with the unit that's suppose to be inside the rhino on the board

"The only limitation of a dedicated transport is that when it is deployed it can only carry the unit it was selected with (plus any independent characters). After the game begins, it can then transport any friendly infantry unit, subject to transport capacity and other special exclusions explained in the vehicle's entry (it might not be able to transport terminators, for example)" this is what it say in the rulebook about dediated transports.
    Last edited by Thuresson; October 21st, 2010 at 11:58.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

The CSM FAQ has this question:
    Q: Can a unit numbering more than 10 models still take a Rhino as a dedicated transport, even though it cannot embark?
    A: Yes, as the squad might drop to 10 or less models during the game.
    This must surely therefore apply to all other armies out there?

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the confirmation. Eiglepulper - I know the Ork and Tau codexs specifically mention that the Ork Boyz and Tau Firewarriors can only take a dedicated transport if the unit size (not including ICs) are small enough to fit inside at the start of the game.
    "Ten thousand thundering typhoons!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

This concept works in other ways.

1x unit of Berzerkers + Rhino with Havoc
    1x Heavy Choice Raider

Berzerkers go in Raider (they love Raiders, especially when they are joined by a Lash Sorcerer <Black Legion logic>)
    This leaves cheap Rhino with decent anti-infantry 48" range weapon.

Same logic with no Havoc, leaves the Rhino to carry a Sorcerer or Lord round. (They embark at the start of round1)
    Alternatively the empty Rhino joins the attack drawing fire, and working as cover for your other vehicles.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by flesh_pile View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation. Eiglepulper - I know the Ork and Tau codexs specifically mention that the Ork Boyz and Tau Firewarriors can only take a dedicated transport if the unit size (not including ICs) are small enough to fit inside at the start of the game.
    True enough. I should have added something else to my rhetorical question, like "which have the same 'larger numbers in units than the transport can take' type of situation".

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread