Psykers in a CSM army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

Psykers in a CSM army

I posted a similar post about the possible end of psykers. This post is not the same. I'm simply asking in a CSM army when facing armies that either nullify psychic powers or have a higher chance to have a perils of the warp, do you still field a Psyker? If you do, what tactics do you employ to field him effectively? I mean, is it worth it to pay the points of a psyker (sorcerer, prince or aspiring sorcerer) for his powers and a mark simply to have a 50/50 chance of the power not to work. I'm asking because I simply do not know. I know I have had about 7-8 games with my new CSM and I've faced Blood Angels with a hooded Dreadnaught Librarian, Space Wolves with a fang that nullifies psychic powers on (I think) a 3+, Space Marines with their hooded Librarian and Tyranids with their Shadow in the Warp power. Each of those armies made it difficult to field my psykers and now I think I should have just fielded a Chaos Lord instead. In this post, I don't care about the number of psykers, the anti-psyker powers or if it is fair, or if it is balanced. I just want to know how CSM players deal with the anti-psyker issue, what tactics they employ and if they field Psykers at all against said armies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I can't really help. However, I've only used a psyker once. And I kept forgetting to use the powers; mainly cus I never use them. So therefore, they are not effective for me; that and I use a World Eater Army mostly. Psykers are no-nos for them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I still use my prince as a psyker. You just have to be tactically aware. Kell the dread/priest as soon as possible. For the tyranids, it only has a range of 12 inches, so I pop warptime, move my full 12, and then assault, usually being able to kill whatever was the problem.

While it can be tricky, and quite dodgy at times, the biggest things that will help you win against anti psyker is really deployment, and then denial. If you kill them off (oblits work well) before they can become a royal pain, then do so.
    The day will not save them. And we own the night.
    CSM: W:25, D:3, L:9
    DE:W:2, D:0, L:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x1)

Hey,

Quote Originally Posted by andrewbeater View Post
    in a CSM army when facing armies that either nullify psychic powers or have a higher chance to have a perils of the warp, do you still field a Psyker?
    Never field a Psyker. Stand-off and nuke the entire site from orbit.
    It's the only way to be sure ...

Playa

Martial of the Riddermark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

As said, just kill them, obliterators can deal with it from afar, and berzerkers with a fist in close combat. Otherwise just use your psyker out of their range. I often have an aspiring sorceror due to my use of 1000 sons, whilst using warptime with a daemon prince improves their effectiveness so much it's difficult to not to take it.

+ Reply to Thread