Daemons and Summoning. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemons and Summoning.

Quite simply, should You be able to combine the Chaos Space Marines and Chaos Daemons codices?
    After writing several varied lists consisting of Daemons and Marines a friend told me that you could no longer ally armies. First of all, is this true? I hadn't heard anything of it until recently. Secondly would you allow daemons to be used in a Chaos army, and how would they be used? Most of my friends aggree to let me combine armies and use the Marine summoning rules. But I was just curious as to how other people would react to a combined army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A rough example list being:
    typhus
    5 nurgle terminators, claws chainfist flamer
    3x 10 marines, chaos glory, 2 plasma, champion twin bolter
    3x rhino
    land rainder, extra armour
    devastators 4x meltaguns MoN

Epedemius
    2x 5 plague bearers, touch, musician
    3x 3 nurglings
    3 beasts, touch

something like that, it's written from memmory, and about 2000pts.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

It's quite simple really. In the same way that space marines cannot take imperial guard squads in their codex neither can the codex daemons appear in CSM lists. Guard and marines do fight together in many campaigns but their command structures are so different that they tend to stick to their own except in large games.

Sometimes people play large games such as 2x1500 point lists vs another 2x1500 point lists and this is fine. I think they refer to each list as a detachment able to use their own FOC etc. Often when combining detachments a game organiser will specify if army wide rules will flow over to an ally's army or just effect the 1500 point list in question. The Tally of nurgle specifies that it is effected by freind and foe alike so is more likely to be used by all.

Take a moment to evaluate why this combination is being taken. Is it to represent a specific idea or just that it will allow you to get the tally of nurgle up really quickly by rappidfiring a few plasma guns and then the enemy roll over and die. The Tally has a points value and part of that value is based on the speed and ease that a nurgle daemon army can get the tally high enough. If you allow mixed lists the tally can go up easily and quickly and so a ponts value penalty should be applied. In none tournament play no body can stop people mixing lists but at the very least you must get an opponent's permission and probably should allow them to break a few restrictions too. Just remember some combinations can be too powerful and umbalance the entire game.

In apocalypse of course you can combine what you like as long as you can justify it. Using nurgle daemons and nurgle marines together is one of the easiest fluffwise to put forewards. It is very easy to get the tally high in an apocalypse list but then the enemy will see this happening and just get on the radio to the baneblades and have epiemius and his squad taken out by some pizza base templates of death.

If you want a method of using Codex daemons in a CSM list check out this in the rules development section.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...s-codexes.html (Legion Chaos Codexes)

In it I have put rules for each of the CSM Legion codexes and some of those alow you to mix in daemons from codex deamons. There are restrictions however such as you must be a pure monogod list to take anything other than the generic daemons. Deathguard can take nurglings and PBs, World Eaters can take bloodletters etc. You get to summon them from icons in the same manner as the CSM codex but there is often a points increase as these can assault where as they cannot in the codex daemon summoning.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread