Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I currently play Orks and since I've almost built up to 2k I'm thinking of buying a second army. On the top of my list is a Thousand Sons Chaos army, but I had a few questions before I get invested in them.
1. What exactly are the official rules for Thousand Sons? Where can I find them? I looked through my friends CSM codex briefly but didn't see any clear-cut rules on what can and can not be in a Thousand Sons army. Can someone give me a link or a page number?
2. What is a fun list to play? I don't need them to be competitive in the strictest sense since I place almost exclusively with my buddies (Tau and Blood Angels, although they might be expanding with me), but they do need to be relatively viable, and most importantly, fun!
3. I've heard people talk about the HQ being a sorcerer lord but there is no model on the GW website. Is this something I have to convert? Or is there a model somewhere I'm not seeing? Also, is there any models for the disk of tzeentch they can be mounted on? And what about Ahriman? Is he any good?
Thanks for any help you can give in advance!
1. Thousand sons don't have any official rules on what can and can't be included. In fact no chaos force has since the last codex, and legion rules.
2. As fun lists go, it's really up to you, and I'm probably not thebest person to give advice on this, but 1, maybe 2 1000 sons squads, and a couple of other infantry squads, some rhinos, some terminators, ahriman or a sorceror, or a deamon prince. It also depends on how fluffy you want to be.
3. There is no such thing as a sorceror lord, the 3 hq types are DPs, Sorcerors and lords.
I don't think that there is a disk of tzeentch model.
I haven't played with ahriman but I think that he is fairly good, a power phsyker, and his stats aren't too bad either.
You can buy discs of Tzeentch, but it's easier put a flying base upside down and paint it blue and gold. If you're interested, it's in the WoC section for Fantasy.
And Ahriman is an epic sorcerer.
I run a thousand sons list at 600 points. It contains:
I'd expand this to 1500 points by adding a couple more squads of thousand sons, for redundancy, a handful of possessed, just in case (You should only use possessed if you can't spend points better because they'll remove specialisation, e.g. If you have Khorne Bezerkers, or Khorne Raptors, never use Possessed.), then Ahriman and some Chosen w/IoT and Plasma Guns. That should boost you up to a good amount.
Current Armies: Tau, Dark Angels, Wood Elves, Bretonnians
Side Projects: Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, High Elves, The Empire
1. As stated above, there are no specific rules to field a Thousand Sons army, but if you want to remain fluffy, just field Thousand Sons and either Sorcerers or Daemon Princes with Mark of Tzeench.
2. This really depends on what sort of units you enjoy. Personally, 3-4 squads of Thousand Sons, a Tzeench Prince, Arhiman and some Preds or Oblits would be fun to me.
3. The Sorcerer "Lord" is just a regular Sorcer, to which there are a few different model choices for them. As for Arhiman, he's a bit pricey and does not have Eternal Warrior, but he is a bunch of fun being able to cast 3 powers per turn and having the entire list of powers (minus Nurgle and Slaanesh only powers).
World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7