Spawndom: the ultimate gift? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spawndom: the ultimate gift?

Im just curious to see how many people out there use the Gift of Chaos psychic power, and what their views or achievements with it were. I myself have a sorceror of tzeentch with wings bolter (for show really) bolt pistol, doombolt warp time and of course, Gift of Chaos. I've managed to rack up several trophy kills and have decided to set out on a chaotic crusade to spawnafy as many special characters as possible. I already have Astorath the Grim (my first item to be gribbly-fyed by using the wonderous rules of independant character base to base combat and placed him at the rear of an entangled squad where he could then mutate Astorath into a mindless flesh ball, no known as Spawnorath the Gribbly) next on my list was Lelith Hersperix (proud to be probably one of the earliest people to fight the dark eldar meerly a day after the new rules and models were released I used the same tactic to ruin my friends moral by somehow not predicting it would happen ) and lastly I gifted Wazzdakka (it was hard but a roll of a 6 mutated his ass!)
    I'm generally just curious to hear about your spawnological achievments and conversions, and Im not sure wether or not pictures can or can't be posted on these forums but please post photos or links to any great spawny conversions you have or have seen! And may the ruinous powers go with you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

I have only used it in friendly games, but I did manage to hit Lysander with it and turn him into a spawn. Other than that, I have hit a few captains and Commissar Yarrick.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

Martial of the Riddermark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

My luck always seems to be that I can mutate a standard enemy soldier who then rips apart his own squad, but can never seem to succeed in getting special characters, an ability to roll more ones than is natural sees to this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy poop dude Lysander!? Haha sweet! I played an ultramarine guy who used Lysander in a squad of 10 assault termi's (I don't understand his methonds either) but my lord Jimmy got there before Om-nom Nom could spawnify him. (yes my legion is verry lovingly named, Exhalted Sorceror Om-nom Nom and Jimmy Too-face being the scariest of the horde)

~edited by Rabbit

I had a good spawnological dual between Om-nom, wich is my sorceror of tzeentch I should point out, went up against 10 Thousand Sons and their sorceror, I failed to cast and change, twice and he cast and turned me on his horst try. He then tore up (or rather I did) my own 'Whipped' (5 chosen of slaanesh, 1 meltagun, champion with lightning claws and the icon and a meltabomb, 2 meltabombs and 3 others with lightning claws) yes, I did fail that badly

Also is it worth boring that I turned a scarab swarm into a spawn? Just thinking coz I know they aren't special but it's just soo physically impossible I feel it's worth modelling. Although it did take me 4 attempts (fluff DOES count!)
    Last edited by Rabbit; November 26th, 2010 at 04:04.

+ Reply to Thread