The Fun of Loving CSM - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

The Fun of Loving CSM

I haven't been a CSM player for a long time; only about 5 months now. But I gotta tell you I really love them. In loving them, I confess to being a hypocrite; I really don't like MEQ armies. Space Wolves, Vanilla Marines, Blood Angels, heck I don't like Grey Knights and their codex isn't even out yet! But I feel that CSM are a MEQ, so they are my exception. They are different at least in fluff and attitude. Plus they employ Daemons which is one of the coolest of the Xeno armies. It is my hope that one day, the CSM veers away from the whole MEQ scene and breaks over into a more Xeno army scene. How? Just by having their own weapons, tanks etc and having richer Daemonic summoning options. I love having conversations with Loyalist Marine players who call my army "traitors". I always tell them that the CSM are "visionaries" who see passed the Emperors' lies and who are "entrepreneurs" who are liberating Imperium worlds and putting them to work for the Chaos Gods. It's fun to watch someone take the Loyalist thing to heart. No one can dispute that the CSM are tough buggers who are fun to play!

2. Likeakivara liked this post.
  3. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x3)

How can't they be a MEQ army? they wear the same armor, and they are Chaos SPACE MARINES...
    There are talks of a legion dex coming out eventually, then we may see cultists again, and more daemons to summon...
    But all in all, the "CSM" part will always be MEQ
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

You're right, but I'd love to see them pull away from the MEQ a bit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

I think the same. MY current army is actually converting to Chaos. Might actually put some fluff to the change. I like the fact that they know what they are on a personal level. They know them to be traitors and just want to see everything burn.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

funloving CSM you say?

well we all serve these guys so...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

we get to go to the classy events

Martial of the Riddermark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x2)

Much as I'd like to see more daemon options and types in the codex, they will always be MEQ, and I like it that way.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Yeah, CSM fluff is (was) fun. I always appreciated how most of the Traitor Legions had good reasons for turning against the Emperor. Even the ones that didn't still had better motivations than "I'm tired of selfless good, let's go kill kittens". A major reason why renegade Marines aren't being well accepted, methinks.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x7)

The key is, you gotta have fun and like what you do. I'm really happy about the way I painted my guys up as Hakanor's Reavers. I even bought a new Daemon Prince and painted him up to be Hakanor. In this case, I absolutely love playing the "bad guys". If don't have fun in what you do, why bother?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Yeah, CSM fluff is (was) fun. I always appreciated how most of the Traitor Legions had good reasons for turning against the Emperor. Even the ones that didn't still had better motivations than "I'm tired of selfless good, let's go kill kittens". A major reason why renegade Marines aren't being well accepted, methinks.
    To be honest the only one that I think had reason to turn cause they had daddy issues was Horus, Lorgar & Perturabo. Fulgrim got all jacked up by a demon. Magus made a deal with Tzeench and didnt tell his legion. Night Haunter & Angorn were already messed up in the head. Alpharius and Omegon were both decided it was best to go chaos cause some eldar told them it would save the imperium. I think Mortarion was the only one that was bored and said F*** it ill just join these guys. The fluff to the history of the CSM is wrapped in betrayal and and tragedy of great heroes of the imperium falling from the light of the emperor.

The whole renegade angle like that of the Astral Claws, Souldrinkers and other rengades does seem a bit boring. But is shows that ever since the end of the Horus Heresy the imperium is slowly dying. These new marines dont have the balls to fall for chaos so willingly now a days too. Also cause Roboute Gulliman and those lame Ultramarines wanted to start the second founding cause the Word Bearers put it to them. The whole thing just made space marine geneseeds weaker. The only original chapter that didnt follow are the Space Wolves, who still kick ass in fluff and in actual 40K Toruneys.
    "The fallen shall forever be remembered as the emporers finest!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast