Need advice on a paint shceme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need advice on a paint shceme

Hi guys, was just wondering if I could get some input on a paint scheme for my chaos army. Running Nurgle + Khorne with some regular chaos marines as well, including a land raider. I want my regular chaos to be a bit unusual and was considering doing a bronze paint scheme with a heavy verdigris effect, then continuing on the bronze effect onto the khorne and nurgle units somehow. Main question I have is do you think a land raider done all over to look bronze and weathered would look strange or could it work? What other colours do people think could work with bronze to break up the colour a bit if the all over bronze gets a bit too overpowering?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Your scheme actually sounds a little bit like the Reborn (pg 21 of the current Chaos 'dex). While I personally don't care for metallic schemes in general (I've seen a few that were well done, but not enough), it looks from that picture that you'd do well to break it up with something dark. Black and green hazard stripes maybe?

On a big tank, that might break it up enough. I'd also suggest making sure the metallic comes out textured (grainy). If they're well aged, that works well, and it'll look much better than a flat metallic coat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you're doing a khorne/nurgle list and the land raider is khornate I would do parts in red since the khorne colours are already red/bronze. On the other hand if it is a nurgle land raider I would make sure to weather it enough so that its not a solid block of bronze at any point. The reason you want to break up colours is because if its all one colour it doesnt look so good in my opinion.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Oddly enough, I happened to be in my local GW store yesterday and a chap brought in a converted-to-Chaos Baneblade done in bronzed gold and what looked like Goblin Green. It looked great.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread