Death Strike, yes or no? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Strike, yes or no?

Just as the title suggests, do you spend the points on death strike or no. For a mono-khorne army is my main question. Its pointless in a multi-god army but with all khorne theres is no range, except for death strike or if u pay even more breath. Let me know what u think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

I asked myself the same question when I bought a Bloodthirster, do I take Death Strike or not? I found out it is almost never worth the points in the games I played with it. Let's face it, Khorne armies are cc monsters and you simply can't change that. I imagine that it may be viable on a Herald where there are smaller. Adding Death Strike is like adding a Plasma Pistol without the Get's Hot! rule. There's only three units that can take Death Strike: Heralds of Khorne, Bloodthirster and a Prince. So I say: Heralds-yes, Bloodthirster-never, Prince-maybe, probably. It all depends on your points. It's all just an opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

would say never... your units will allways run unless they're just aobut to charge... my point is you will get to use it so little that it will not be worth the points...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that you will use it few and far between, but it could help against fast mech. Most of the time you're playing catch up with those faster skimmers and what not. I agree that Bloodthristers definitely don't need it, likewise with winged DPs. But I think death strike can be very valuable at times. If anything it gives your opponent some kind of range to worry about.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Points-wise, it's probably not very efficient, but given the lack of ranged attacks in a Khorne army I'd take it just to give the extra attack. -- It won't hurt the CC ability, and can even luck out and pop a transport allowing the Thirster to attack the contents. Obviously using units in concert will remove this requirement, but given the randomness of DS, units do sometimes need to do everything on their own.
    There are three types of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Simply, No.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

+ Reply to Thread