Transporting your models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transporting your models

Hi all,

I'm having difficulty transporting my entire Daemon army around aswell as other armies to boot.

My army includes 2 Soul Grinders and 4 Greater Daemons/daemon princes which currently reside in a toolbox padded out with foam so they don't get broken. But this means that I have to carry about the toolbox with my vehicles in. It also means that the infantry have also be carried around in one of the large sized GW carry cases, which also holds another army.

Primarily a problem with my Dark Eldar army but also with some others such as Daemons, Tyranids and Dark Elves due to the amount of large creatures they have. My idea was to just switch the large stuff out of one toolbox each time I go to my local club and leave the rest on top of my shelf and then trade them in whenever I want to use them.

I also use two of the large GW carry cases to transport the infantry and which between them holds the 4 armies.

Dark Eldar and Dark Elves in one case. Daemons, with modified foam because they have less infantry and the bloodcrushes fit in there and Tyranids.

All in all it's a lot of swapping this and that and it's becoming quite a hassle.

I was just wondering how everyone else transports there stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

To save money, I bought a briefcase and used 1" foam (camping ground roll) then cut the sizes I needed. The briefcase also has spaces for pencils, calculator and a pouch for my codex, templates and rooster sheets. It is good for all your infantry type units. For the big stuff, I did the same as you, a foam padded tool boxes. I know that some people simply buy foam and a plastic tote bin. Here in Canada, Rubbermaid makes large, sturdy, plastic totes with handles and a snap down lid. You can often buy one for under $15 and the foam is about $10 for a 10' roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x2)

I too have issues with soul grinders.. my 4 are currently missing quite a few leg spikes...

i'm seriously considering the big battlefoam bag.. i reckon it'll take all of my 40k stuff.. not including my Apoc Daemon Lords, Reaver and other custom (scratch build) stuff
    http://battlefoam.com/catalog.php?it...Fcategory%3D81
    Current Army Status - Chaos - 15000 points, Orks (BadMoonz) - 3000 Points - Space Wolves - 4000 Points, Necrons - 2000 Points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I was looking at that tray, pretty good and it would take most of my Tyranids aswell. Trouble is I'd need a case to put the trays in and I would also need some for my dark eldar raiders etc

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    191 (x3)

I AM Guilty!!! I use 2 shoe boxes with models loosely throw in to transport my 5000 pts of Daemons about. (however the saving grace is that hardly any of them are painted.)

Now with that monkey off my back....

I am starting to break joints and tails and such so I plan to start putting them in Foam trays, As I have several army transports that are used for moving about my other armys.

The Soul grinder issue, there is not really a good option. It so damn big it cant really be transported in any foam trays. Personaly I have mine magnatized at the hips so the torso can be removed from the legs and the sword/claw is also magnatized for different options.
    NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby. http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...arodragon/40k/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x3)

My soulgriders/defilers/plague hulks aren't to hard to transport around, just leave the legs detachable, makes life MUCH easier
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

+ Reply to Thread