Deep striking circles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deep striking circles

Hey, thought I'd ask it where it matters :] When you deepstrike, sey, 3 flamers, and you put the first one down, do the 2 others need to be touching? What I mean to ask is, does putting them on the oposite sides of the first one count as forming a circle? Couldn't find it in the faq. Thanks!

From the Nightmares of Mortals, For the Greater Good of the Devourer of Worlds!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

The second and third need to be anywhere touching the first one's base. The idea behind deep striking is to place one, roll the scatter, place the rest of the unit in base contact with the first in a complete circle around the first. If that circle is complet all the way around, you make another circle around it, all in base contact. I often use 3 Flamers and I place them in any formation within the rules that give me the best ways to hit with the Breath of Chaos; usually they form a staight line.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

That's how I play too. A line 3 accross is fine, they don't have to be in a triangle with each model touching 2 others.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

I find this pretty interesting as you have to start a circle and continue placing them around the centre model in the effort of making a circle... This is how i've allways played but I'm very interested in hearing how you understand the rules to come to this conclusion as it would make 3 man flamer team better... please elaborate...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only limitations are that the "next circle" models must be placed a) touching the inner circle/original model and b) arranged so that as many models as possible may fit in each circle.

this means that if you are deep striking say 3-6 models, the outer circle models can be placed in any order /position, as long as they touch thecntre model -- they do not need to be touching each other.
    There are three types of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x2)

A nice straight line means you can use all three breath (flamer) weapons from the same unit...

What the 40K rulebook says

"First place one model from the unit anywhere on the table, in the position you would like the unit to arrive, and roll the scatter dice. If you roll a hit the model stays where it is, but if an arrow is shown this determines the direction the model is scattered in. If a scatter occurs, roll 2D6 to see how many inches the model moves away from the intended position.
    Once this is done, the unit’s remaining models are arranged around the first one. Models must be placed in base contact with the original model in a circle around it. When the first circle is complete, a further circle should be placed with each model touching the circle inside it. Each circle should include as many models as will fit."

Reading the rules there it says that once the main deep-striking model is placed, the others must touch it and form a concentric circle... if there aren't enough models to form a concentric circle then there is nothing specifying that they must also touch each other - which would negate forming a line.
    Current Army Status - Chaos - 15000 points, Orks (BadMoonz) - 3000 Points - Space Wolves - 4000 Points, Necrons - 2000 Points.

+ Reply to Thread