Screamers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screamers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screamers?

As with many other daemon players i have a lot of trouble with mech, so I started looking through my codex for a solution and what do you know I came across these little guys, first glance with melta bombs my heart started dancing but when I saw its stat line I realised why these guys didn't see see much play. But I still want to play test some in my army for pure tank hunter squad, I just want to know has anyone tried them and how well do they work?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

if you want to use them go for at least six of them as less than that wont hit well enough and do too little damage and be killed too easily... I'd suggest herald of tzeentch on chariot with bolt, prince with bolt, fiends or monstrous creatures with wings any day over screamers.

4. ThanksCallum McDougall thanked for this post.
    LikeCallum McDougall liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first off thanks for the reply and input, nice to find helpful replies on the internet. currently I am running a fate-crusher build but with soul grinders over daemon princes so I do have some anti mech as is, herald on chariot did appeal to me too but the way i looked at it was that he has 1 shot a turn to pop a tank and 6-7 screamers (same points cost) can get a lot more chances in cc, I know they are much less versatile than a herald but I want to run them as a niche unit to fit the niche of popping off transports that i might otherwise struggle with.

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

They suck because they generally don't get a chance to kill anything. They are incredible fragile against everything so if they get attacked in anyway they die. They have to assault the vehicles so will run head first into enemy fire just to deal damage. And enemy vehicles are either surronded by other enemy units that will kill them or are zooming around at cruising speed so you need 6+ to hit them. And they depend on grenades so you don't get the charge bonus and always hit walkers on 6+ so you still need to take Bolt of Tzeentch to deal with them.

Tz Chariots may get only get one shot a turn, but screamers generally don't get a chance unless you take a ton of them (like 3x6 units of them) to overcome the "dying when looked at" problem and giving you a chance of hitting cruising speed vehicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you CrownAxe, I am some what still new to 40k having only played competitively for about 3 months I'll take the advice and go with a herald on chariot, I just wanted to know the info on screamers is, well lets say limited at best but thank you for giving me an overview and very quickly

+ Reply to Thread