Warptime is a daemon princes best friend - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Warptime is a daemon princes best friend

I've been using warptime on my daemon prince for a long time now but it was only yesterday that i realised how useful it was to us and how it's probably the best pyschic power in the book with lash of submission. I was playing Nids and the guy I was playing was having terrible luck he was hiding tyrant guard with his hive tyrant behind some gaunts so they could get a cover save and I shot them with plasma cannons from my obliterators, I caused 5 wounds and he failed 4 of them plus so they were dead without doing anything, anyways this is where I got really lucky and he got really mad, I was in shadow of the warp range with my daemon prince but fancied my chances of rolling under 10 on 3 dice and I made it by 1 so that was cast then in the shooting phase I risked it again by casting wind of chaos and I rolled exactly 10 hitting his hive tyrant which I wounded then I multi charged his gaunt squad and hive tyrant now he had cast the ws 1 bs 1 power the turn before so it didn't matter whether i was hitting the gaunts or the hive tyrant, i was gonna be hitting 5s, i decided to go for his tyrant cause if i killed him there was only one synapse creature left, a zoanthrope which was in rapid fire range of my thousand sons so most likely would've died, I went first and missed all my attacks then re-rolled them cause of warptime hitting 3 times then went on to kill the hive tyrant, having only 1 synapse creature left on the board he gave up before his second turn, after that i'm never gonna leave home without warptime.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

Warptime is awesome! I never leave home without it!
    win some, lose some

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Amen to that! If it wasn't for warptime my daemon prince would've been sent back to the warp by a very angry hive tyrant, I'll hate to think what we would do if for some reason they got rid of it in the next codex

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Its a "must" for a heavily geared CC HQ, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x2)

a DP with warptime is one of the most menacing figures in the game. you have over a 90% chance of passing the test to use it, and you have an 18 assault range with wings. on the charge it is not unusual to cause 5 wounds with the re-rolls, and that means a 10 man squad just got halved, or a combat squad is dead. most squads on the return will maybe cause you to take 2-3 saves, which you can easily pass.

even a trigon, for a badass as it is in cc, doesn't want to face a slaanesh DP with warptime if it has taken any wounds at all. there is a good chance it will die before it even gets a chance to strike back.

no matter how much i want to try the other powers i keep coming back to warptime.
    I love the smell of promethium in the morning.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

and having MoT you can combine it with bolt or wind and get a pretty killy shooting attack as well

(or both if it's a sorcerer!)
    win some, lose some

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

MoT is probably our most useful Mark in the current environment, because it allows our Princes to re-roll a failed psychic test. This grants so much more power to Warp Time. Plus, the 4+ inv aint bad either.

I still use Lash Princes often, but with so many Hoods running around, the MoT is invaluble. Naturally, it has good synergy with Warp Time.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Martial of the Riddermark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x2)

I nearly always take warptime, esp. with wind, as it can devastate squads before I finish them off in combat.
    adamwelton "Bliss-giver is right as always."
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

+ Reply to Thread