Lash question for competitive players - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x2)

Lash question for competitive players

who here uses a dual lash build? is it still as effective as it used to be? have people gotten wise to it?

if you do, do you always use just oblits in HS?

i want to do well in the upcoming tourney, but i don't want to run 6 oblits.

is it worth trying with 2 defilers and 2 oblits?

i was hoping to run princes with warptime and bolt of change, but i just can't seem to get it perfectly balanced for a tournament.

I love the smell of promethium in the morning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use dual lash. It's as effective and disruptive as ever . Opponents expect it but use it creatively and you should be fine. Tho I havent played against GK so I don't know how that particular situation is going to go.

I don't use defilers so I wouldn't know... but I can see using the lash to bring units near your defilers, definitely worth a try.
    If the war by heavens gate released desire
    In the line of fire someone must have known
    That a human heart demands to be admired
    Cuz in the center of the universe we are all alone
    Kamelot

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

Librarians tend to shut it down pretty effectively with their hat...
    win some, lose some

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x2)

but don't librarians only have an 18 inch range? lash has a 24 inch range.

i think the list i will run will be a mix of dual lash and chaoszilla. should be interesting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

hoods are 24"
    win some, lose some

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

I guess it depends more on your local meta game. I went to a tournament not to long ago and used the duel lash, and no one expected it. I also did not seem to have much issue with getting thought the hoods eaither. I have used it before to great effect with Defilers; Lash a unit out of cover and bunch them up, throw a couple pie plates at them and watch them pick up models. 2 Defilers would be good as they have a lower BS to offset any scatter. Also don't forget that 1) lash is pinning 2) you can lash the same unit twice in one turn as long as they don't fail the first pinning test.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x2)

so i tried my lash tourney list this week against sisters of battle. i knew nothing about them at the time, so getting a draw was not so bad. now to what was bad.

for the same points i could have run two warptime princes instead of lash. had i done that i would have won handily. lash did squat for me. after turn three both princes were locked in combat for the duration of the game. that gave me 3 chances to lash. first problem, everything was in rhinos so i really didn't have a target in turn one. in turn two i actually lashed a unit, but it didn't quite make it close enough for both princes to charge it. after that, every lash attempt was nullified.

in CC the princes were able to chip away at the squads, but without rerolls i just couldn't wipe them out, and they steadily wore out my princes. it was turn 7 by the time both princes were dead, and the one surviving sister was able to seize his only objective to tie the game.

basically lash sucked. i held the princes back too much in order to use lash late in the game, but lash made them very limited in CC. with how much mech and psychic defenses armies have in the 5th the payout is too little to justify it. with wings, there is just no excuse not to get your princes in CC by turn 3. warptime is priceless from then on.

therefore after 2 failed efforts with lash, i am putting it to rest and saying "ello gorgeous" to my old flame, the tzeentch prince.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Uber, what all were you running? If you plan on using Lash effectively, you'll need some ranged tank busting in order to pop rhinos.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

lash princes will work best with defilers/oblits picking off rhinos and pieplating enemies...when I ran lash I has one lashprince that stayed a bit behind the frontline and lashed things around and oblits+chosen with plasmas and my other prince cleaning up infront of him...worked really well...
    win some, lose some

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x2)

besides the princes, i had

8 BZ
    7 PM
    6 PM

2 defilers
    2 oblits

i wasn't able to really challenge the rhinos because he ran two exorcists which i had to deal with early. also, because i had to put the defilers in a corner to keep them safe from the remaining exorcist, he was able to get a cover save on his rhinos.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast