Looking for models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for models

Ok, basikly im making a Space Wolf army list which will be using certain cults for specific units.
    For example my close combat unit (Blood Pack), even though there not using khorne berserker rules, will be the zerker models.

For my 'Long Fangs' or as i will be calling them 'Sorcerer Coven', the idea behind them being they are Aspiering sorcerers of tzeentch and so have access to various harmfull spells.(in short they use the rules of long fangs, i buy a heavy weapons to be their spells.)

Now getting to the point, how i will me modeling these sorcerers. I had in mind marines with the usual Thousand sons head and some sash's, maby a robe or two. I was planning on them having no weapons in their arms aside from maby a staff.
    I was hopeing if someone knew of any space marine models which had no guns on them, particually arms which have to look of a sorcerer casting a spell like pointed fingers, or cuped hands. I know most SM models have a cuped hand for the bolter to rest in, but it just doesnt look right for what i have in mind.
    Any advice on how to get the look im trying to achive whold be great, specifically which models have nicely posed arms. (not just Chaos models)
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Virusoffline View Post
    Ok, basikly im making a Space Wolf army list which will be using certain cults for specific units.
    For example my close combat unit (Blood Pack), even though there not using khorne berserker rules, will be the zerker models.

For my 'Long Fangs' or as i will be calling them 'Sorcerer Coven', the idea behind them being they are Aspiering sorcerers of tzeentch and so have access to various harmfull spells.(in short they use the rules of long fangs, i buy a heavy weapons to be their spells.)

Now getting to the point, how i will me modeling these sorcerers. I had in mind marines with the usual Thousand sons head and some sash's, maby a robe or two. I was planning on them having no weapons in their arms aside from maby a staff.
    I was hopeing if someone knew of any space marine models which had no guns on them, particually arms which have to look of a sorcerer casting a spell like pointed fingers, or cuped hands. I know most SM models have a cuped hand for the bolter to rest in, but it just doesnt look right for what i have in mind.
    Any advice on how to get the look im trying to achive whold be great, specifically which models have nicely posed arms. (not just Chaos models)
    Thanks
    I'm working on building a sorcerer right now using an idea that you can so totally steal. Take particularly ornate horned helms from the basic CSM box (The Tzeentch one especially)

Add them to the robed bodies from the Dark-Angel Veteran box. Boom. Do you feel that? That is the feeling of awesomeness.

As for arms, I'm afraid you have me at a bit of a loss, GW doesn't seem to like having people with empty hands, do they? Do all Long Fangs have a pistol? If so, that might help you a bit, since you would only have to figure out staves at that point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm I like it, theres a number of swords in that kit which arnt too un-sorcerer themed.
    I just need to find some bolt pistol hands... they come in the CSM box dont they?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so chaos using space wolves rules? as in dark wolves? /facepalm

I know people always say "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it" but seriously, if you wanna play space wolves, PLAY SPACE WOLVES! if you want to play chaos, USE OUR BOOK! I won't even begin to tell you the massive fluff headache I get from the prospect of using long fang rules for thousand sons models.... smh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Really there isn't many plastic chaos infantry models at all, have you thought about snipping a bit of a staff off then glue the top part of the staff to the bit where the bolter usually goes and glue the other bit underneath the hand? I've trtied that trick a few times and it looks good. @Demoneyeskyo I'm sure you'll get over it , but what if he wants to play both? I've got an Alpha Legion army but I use the Space Marine book .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Virusoffline View Post
    Hmmm I like it, theres a number of swords in that kit which arnt too un-sorcerer themed.
    I just need to find some bolt pistol hands... they come in the CSM box dont they?
    Tons of them. Bolt pistols abound.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x6)

I love the idea myself, I think it gives a great modeling opportunity and the potential to see a new exciting list on the board. As for arms I am afraid I am of little use. The left arm for the rocket launchers for Loyalists COULD be useful, but only if you modeled it very specifically I think... Then the pole arm for the marks of chaos could be a decent staff arm, given you make a tip of some sort for it.

I really do like the idea, would love to see what you come up with.

+ Reply to Thread