Running terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x2)

Running terminators

when i use termis i either do one of two things with them.

1. DS the karmoon special and mess as much stuff up before they are killed.
    2. slog 4 of them with a reaper to pop transports.

both of those work well for me, but i am itching to do more with them. i've been thinking of slogging 10 of them bad boys up the table. i know it will be costly, so this will be just for fun games. i was thinking 4 dual LC champs, a reaper, HF, a fist, a chainfist, and 4 combiweapons. oh yeah and add the MoT to them. i only want to do this because i think our terminators look badass and are really fun to play. i think that comes to 480ish.

i think i'd play it at 1850.

does anyone here do any unorthodox things with our terminators?

Last edited by uber; May 15th, 2011 at 23:35.
    I love the smell of promethium in the morning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

I watched a 1750pts game on saturday where someone used 25 khornate terminators, 20 with powerfists and 5 with power weapons in 1750pts, along with 20 chaos space marines, a lord and vindicator. Can't get more unorthadow than that can you? . It got battered cause his opponent was a Grey Knights player with 2 Strike squads, 1 all with halberds and 1 with swords, both had a hammer in, a brotherhood champion, librarian, 2 stormravens, 2 vindicares and 2 dreadnoughts, anyways I've always wanted a 10 man terminator squad, with mark of khorne. twin lightning claws and all champions, now tell me no ones ever wanted to do that before.

4. Likebliss-giver liked this post.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Not really. They're quite good but become very expensive once you start fannying around with them. I use five standard with combi-meltas, powerfists and the Mark of Tzeentch in either the deep strike role for toasting the enemy's usual all-important death star/Monolith/Storm Raven, etc. I also put out a Land Raider for anti-tank work OR for carting the big boys around when DS looks a bit hairy. The extra AT dice work wonders as does the extra army carry cap. It's a bit "death-starry" itself but you would be surprised at how much firepower the combined unit attracts whilst repelling all of it and leaving the rest of my force to clean up. Five Chaos Terminators with 4+ Invulnerable saves can usually dish it out, take it, then dish out a bit more just when you think they're done.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes with my termis I like to play an almost SM style with them. Take 5 termis, make them all champs, all with dual LC, mark of either khrone or slaanesh, and sit them in a damonicly possessed land raider. They just out and assault with either 30 LC attacks or 25 LC attacks at intiative 5. They either kill the enemy first, or hit them harder.

But this set up I use only for fun games, 2000 points.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to
    speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

shadow, I would take a chainfist and heavy wep on one of them so you don't get stuff with a dread in cc...
    win some, lose some

8. Thanksuber thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

I have been DSing with 10 tzeentch termies. 4 combi-melta, 2 Heavy Flamers and 1 powerfist for 375. I like this setup becuase it can take the heavy fire aimed at them (with a 2+/4++ save), take out tanks with the melta, hordes and med troops with the heavy flamers, and has a power fist incase it gets in combat with a walker, and all for less then the cost of 10 loyalist termies.

Martial of the Riddermark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Thescilentone2608 View Post
    I've always wanted a 10 man terminator squad, with mark of khorne. twin lightning claws and all champions, now tell me no ones ever wanted to do that before.
    I've always wanted one of those, 6 attacks each on the charge would destroy just about anything, maybe with mark of slaanesh instead to minimise losses in return. With all those champs though it gets quite pricey. But even 5 without champs is great, especially if you're using a landraider to get the charge.

A large squad with a couple of fists, mark of tzeentch and some combi weapons is a good unorthodox squad, mot helps it to survive the first round of shooting after ds, of they can run up the field if you're afraid of deepstriking.
    adamwelton "Bliss-giver is right as always."
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

As far as the all twin lightning claw khorne, champ termies goes, I will one day do that. I have made 10 sets of LCs just for the occasion, but I still need to make more shoulderpads and paint them all, but they are all magnitized and ready to go besides that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

In real big games, I run 6 Nurgle Icon'd Terminators with two CF, a Reaper AC, and 2-3 combis (usually melta). They're my desperation transport popping squad. Sometimes I make the 6th dude a Nurgle Lord with a Daemon weapon, or a Sorc with Bolt of Change/Warptime.

They've had their moments, but usually just serve as a complication for my opponent more than anything else.

+ Reply to Thread