Need help against double deamon prince tag team of death - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Need help against double deamon prince tag team of death

Ok so basically the title says it all. In games as small as 1000 points one of my oppenent takes two deamon princes with wings and whips and he uses them as a tag team of terror.

I'm not sure how legal this is, yes i have looked but not that closely, but he uses both whips to move a target unit basically exactly where he wants it by using both whips if necessary then charges them with both.

Im not having trouble dealing with the rest of his army, typically the only thing he has left is the deamon princes meaning he dosent win much but its a real pain in the ass when you crush the rest of his army and he uses the whips to push you off objectives and obliterate key squads.

So any help i play - red corsairs (i dont like the idea of fighting fire with fire, using a deamon prince in a 1k point game is too beardy for my tastes, let alone two lol ) - nids - and necrons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

The easy answer is to play tanks so he doesn't have any infantry to lash. Predators, rhinos are the easy includes.
    "Iron Within, Iron Without"

Martial of the Riddermark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x2)

Focus on one at a time, either assault one with a unit that will win for sure, or shoot one, or shoot one a bit then assault, obliterators should be good, but just 10 men with twin plasmas can soften one enough with a 12" volley that if you focus your attacks in assault then you can kill it.
    adamwelton "Bliss-giver is right as always."
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lash doesn't work on units in combat too, so try to get your guys into combat. Also stay out of his range of 24" if possible. DP's are most vulnerable to high STR shooting, but they are also Eternal Warrior so you really gotta shoot a lot. Lascannons, autocannons, plasmaguns, even Heavy Bolters would be great.

edit: Don't forget that 6+2d6 armor penetration, so no vehicle is safe from a DP! Move your transports >6" to avoid getting assaulted too easily. Also if he is taking lash, that means he doesn't have Warp Time, so he's only a pretty good close combat unit, although he is I6.
    Last edited by Duchat; July 23rd, 2011 at 05:10.
    The Emperor died ten thousand years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Yep. I'm with Rose on this. Lash can only target "Non-Vehicle Units." But yeah, you see the magic of the dual lash build. However, if he is wasting enough points on 2 DPs at 1000 points, you can waste a couple hundred points on a few units to go Prince hunting.

Take preds with Autocannons/Lascannon Sponsons. We'll see how he likes 50% of his composition points in HQ then.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

Khârn...he can't be moved with lash, he has I6 and S6 (and 7 attacks) on the charge, hitting on 2+! He also has a plasma pistol for taking one wound away before the charge...

Put him in a rhino with some friendly zerkers, then they can't be moved as well and they'll get the charge...which will be lethal...
    win some, lose some

+ Reply to Thread