Box of Copied Warhammer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Box of Copied Warhammer

The other day I was handed a box a warhammer, the models were great excep they were made of resin and I asked the guy and he said they were all copies he made himself of warhammer models. I am really unsure if these models are legal, I did not buy them they were just given to me so I am wondering wether to throw them out or keep them. If anyone knows if these are legal or illegal tell me

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

If they are the Exact same model as GW sells then they are technically illegal due to copy-right laws. However If is own design and named differently its ok. Check out avatars of war for what I mean there. Also don't expect to be allowed to use them in store or to get much of a reception if they ever find out they are fakes.
    "Reached under the bed and pulled out a Converse and a beer, I appear to of developed the miraculous power to turn shoes into beer!.... or beer into shoes." - Fallen Autarch after St. Patricks day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I live in Canada who only accepts copyright on canadian things and not things outside Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

If you have a Games Workshop store you go to they wont care about Canadian copyright laws, they wont let you use it. If its an independent however most dont care what you use.
    "Reached under the bed and pulled out a Converse and a beer, I appear to of developed the miraculous power to turn shoes into beer!.... or beer into shoes." - Fallen Autarch after St. Patricks day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pandorareturns View Post
    But I live in Canada who only accepts copyright on canadian things and not things outside Canada
    Sorry but thats not how our copyright system works, unlike China we reorganized foreign copyrights but we use our laws instead of some other country's law.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Here is the real question, who is going to know.
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by pandorareturns View Post
    I live in Canada too and this is not the case as I know it. I think you will find Games Workshop will hold copyrights in all the countries in which it does business including Canada. I think the answer to the question is simple; use the models at home or with friends, but don't take them to an official GW event. It is a question of morals, morally you should not have them, otherwise paint them up and who is going to know?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    191 (x3)

Don't attempt to sell them online anywhere.. Dont try to use at a GW store.. Other than that, you"ll be alright.. THe GW police won't come knocking on your door or be sending you any cease and desist letters.
    NECRON Army List Builder a Free excel capable list generator for 5th and 6th ed. 11/2011
    Necrons - 6000 points, Tau - 6000, Daemons - 5250, Eldar - 4500, Blood Angels - 5000
    Some pics form my hobby. http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...arodragon/40k/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Just how good or bad copies are they?I i have one miniature from another manufacturer to use as a libby and most people think its convertion/greenstuffing work.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Like Willance has said.. who is going to know? Unless your stupid and start flaunting the fact about your local gw that your using copied models no one is going to know. If they are coppies of metals, once again just be careful not to go making obvious the fact that they are resin. Just paint them.

If anyone does say anything just say you got them in a big box of stuff off a car boot sale. the worst that can happen is that you wont be aloud to use them in store if your found out. You didnt copy them, and you didnt buy them, you cant be prosecuted. The only guy who could be is the guy who copied them, in which case its his own fault.

+ Reply to Thread