3- way nids & chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3- way nids & chaos

Hi this is my first post on this forum and I am actually new to 40k itself. In a couple of days i will be playing a 3-way game against tyranids, I play chaos space marines and I was wondering about any tactics I could use. I have already composed a army from the battleforce set and also got my hands on 4 regular marines and one with a missile launcher. My opponents have a brood of termagaunts, hormagaunts and geanstealers, and also have a carnifex. Not sure how many points will be played but any thing that may help will be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Welcome to the dark side! Or the reddish purple, pulsating side, if that's how you envision the warp.

First off, what kind of HQ unit do you have? And what is your army composition? If we know what troops you are bringing and what they are equipped with, we can give you tactics. Are you proxying (using one unit and saying it's another and using the other's rules) anything like Rhinos?

Second, both of your opponents are Tyranid players, correct? Would you happen to know if either is using a Tervigon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The opponent only has the troops I mentioned. My army list is 20 regular marines 5 possessed 8 berzerkers and 1 rhino. I placed just about every special weapon i could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and we are playing without hq's (cause we're noobs.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Ah, I getcha.

I'd say go with two groups of regular Marines, one of fifteen and one of five, then the five Possessed and eight Berserkers. Put the Berserkers in the Rhino, give it a combi-plasma weapon and stick the Berserkers inside; you should try to have a Skull Champion with a Power Fist in this squad if you have the points. Your missile launcher Marine (and, if you have it, the plasma gun Marine) should go in the small group, and the melta and flamer in the large group.

Advance the large group towards his troops, with the Possessed out in front as cover. Shoot the crap out of his hormagaunts first, and when you eventually get into close combat, remember to keep the Possessed out front, because if he's new he'll probably try to charge them. On your turn, charge your large group of Marines into the hormagaunts to finish them off, then focus on wiping out the termagaunts.

Focus your small squad's weaponry on the carnifex. Remember that you can't fire the missile launcher if this group moves, so stay still, preferably in cover, and fire krak missiles at the big thing.

As for the Rhino/Berserker squad, use them as a distraction to lure in the Carnifex. If you can get the Carnifex to go after the Rhino, use the combi-plasma to hopefully take out a wound or two. Don't worry about losing the Rhino, it doesn't mean much, and if he destroys it with the Carnifex, you can then charge the Berserkers inside on your turn, getting your Furious Charge bonus. The Skull Champion's Fist and the Strength 5 attacks should be able to take it down, especially if you were able to wound it already with the missile launcher and the Rhino's combi-weapon. Your Berserkers can then focus on any remaining hormagaunts, then both the small group of Marines and remaining Berserkers can help take down the termagaunts.

Martial of the Riddermark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

One major problem with that idea, the missile launcher can only be taken by a squad of 10 or more (and you can only have a second special weapon with 10 men as well) so you'll need two ten man units to use all 4 weapons.I would agree with using the possessed as a screen, they should hold out for you to charge, but don't move them too far ahead so that you end up out of charge range.If you use the rhino properly, you should always be able to charge with the bezerkers; after moving it to within range, stay embarked (use smoke if necessary) and wait out your opponents turn. At the start of your next turn, you can disembark, move, shoot and assault, this way you'll always get to use your furious charge, and due to the 2" deployment from the vehicle and the size of the bases you get about 14-15" total charge range (including your movement). (You can always turn the rhino sideways slightly after you move it to put the door on the right side.)Otherwise, it sounds a decent plan.
    Last edited by bliss-giver; December 23rd, 2011 at 19:08.
    adamwelton "Bliss-giver is right as always."
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

+ Reply to Thread