First HQ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First HQ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First HQ?

Hi there,

I'm wondering what HQ would be best to buy first, so I can play a game with the units I already have. I have:

20 Bloodletters of Khorne
    10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
    10 Pink Horrors
    5 Plaguebearers of Nurgle

5 Seekers of Slaanesh
    1 Karanak

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Considering how weak we are in the anti-vehicle department, I would recomend a Herald of Tzeentch as you can give him Bolt of Tzeentch for tank zapping while also giving him the ability to shoot at a different target than his unit! (We are Legion gift)

I find most Daemon armies tend to run a pair of Tzheralds for this purpose, both equiped with Bolt, WaL & Master of Sorcery (so they can add their daemonic gaze attack to their squad's shooting!)
    Competitive lists will always put the Tzherald on a chariot, but if you're not super concerned with playing with the most optimised list, then you can field him however you please!

There's a new'ish Tzherald on disc you can get from GW if you're wanting just a set 'out of box' model.
    As for other heralds, you pretty much have to make your own... You don't have to convert like crazy though, for example you could take alot of the fantasy chaos warrior heroes and use them for heralds since they're all pretty warped! Alot of people for example use the classic 'Dechala' model as a Herald of Slaanesh, while the Tzeentch Champion on foot is a shoe-in for a Herald of Tzeentch.
    Just take a quick look through the 'Lords & Heroes' section of the Warriors of Chaos model line on the GW website.

Hope this helps,
    Cheers!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x7)

I agree 100% with Experiment 626. I made my Tzeentch Herald from a Pink Horror and a Screamer model. One of my Chariots was a Sorcerer's disc from Fantasy and the other I made out of wood and toothpicks (believe it or not). I run two of them now, but I may make two more because they are so effective and since they are a Herald, you can field 4 of them as HQ choices. Further, I think you need a Daemon Prince model. Now that they are plastic, the kits are cheap to buy and they are terrific in almost all cases.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

fateweaver.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

+ Reply to Thread