Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Anyone know when the CSM player are getting their next payday?
Rumours point towards spring 2012 so it's still a bit uncertain...might be march, april, or even after the summer...
The articles on painting and such have been taken down from GW:s page, the only articles left in the CSM section is the "CSM for newbs" and the army showcase articles, as one would expect. Kinda silly to remove those two until the new codex is actually here, but the disappearance of the rest can mean it's imminent(and god do I hope so, especially after the warptime thing!).
win some, lose some
What happend to warptime?
It got neutered, check the new FAQ:s on GW:s page!
win some, lose some
Oh wow... SM get all the love, we get nerfed
Look at what happened to undead & VC's in particular with 8th ed fantasy;
- The 7th ed book was a pile of steaming poop to begin with. No real flavour, obvious dud units and equally obvious 'no-brainer' units. Most lists looked the same.
- The main rules utterly nerfed undead to the point of becoming nearly unplayable!
- The faq's did crap-all to help.
- Tomb Kings got their new book first and VC's didn't even get any kind of quick amendments to compensate. So we still had to pay 8pts for an even worse skeleton for example, while our tomb king cousins paid half that cost!!!
- GW litterly shoehorned the VC army to become ghouls + ghouls + ghouls + 'uber grave guard deathstar + vampire lord hiding behind it all with the WS hat. Play any other way and you'd very easily get smoked.
Then we got our new book this just this month and now VC's are all the rage and have become a well balanced yet competitive army with numerous ways to build your army. Nothing remoately OTT either, just lots and lots of viable unit options with lots of built-in synergies to play around with!
I can see Chaos Marines going the same route right now... The army is beyond stale, each round of faq's makes the army even more boring and gimped than the last, and there's basically 1 standard cookie-cutter build if you want a highly competitive army.
Give it a few more months of this pain and suffering, and eventually we'll get our shiny new toys and a book worth using! I just hope the 6th ed Chaos Marine codex turns out like the new VC's, and does NOT! become 'the new grey knights' instead...
Ironically, the same idiot that destroyed all the flavour of the chaos marine and heaped this current farce of a codex upon us is the same moron who destroyed VC's in 7th ed! (luckily, he left GW a good while ago and good riddence!)
I just hope we end up with something nice so we can go toe to toe with the loyalists, and I dont just mean the vanilla marines, i mean the Cheese Angels and Space Cheese. My Nurgle arms does well against other armys that have codex's that have been around a while, but again newer books like Deldar i just get shot to bits turn one.
Just been reading on another site that had a lot of infomation about release date and supposed content (am I allowed to link to it?)
It seemed like it would likely be around The time of 6th Edition, so I would expect May-August time.
We aren't permitted to link outside sites if they are "for profit."
Spambot kill tally. . .337