Can You Field A Summoned Greater Daemon as Your Compulsory HQ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

Can You Field A Summoned Greater Daemon as Your Compulsory HQ?

Ok so now that we have the new range of FAQs to poke holes in, what is everyones opinion on taking a summoned greater daemon as your compulsory HQ?

For those that have no idea why I am asking this question, I refer you to the Imperial Guard FAQ -

Q. Can I take a techpriest as my compulsory HQ choice
    A. Yes

Now the techpriest unit selection has the exact same wording as the Summoned Greater Daemon in the Chaos Space Marine book...

So what do you all think? Should we use GWs interpretation of a ruling from 1 codex affect the fabric of other codexs?codexi? I for one say yes, that is the purpose of the FAQ - to give GWs personal interpretation and ruling in the same/similiar circumstances (keep in mind that this is a FAQ, not an Errata).

-POKE-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I'd say no. The guard errata applies to the guard.

There's way more inconsistencies like that in their FAQ's.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

The chaos space marine codex says specifically that Summoned Daemons are outside the force org. That is very self explanatory and without having the IG codex in front of me I doubt the TechPriest is worded the same exact way, otherwise it would be an errata, no?

However I am unsure of how a single HQ choice of a GD would a CSM list stronger, if my CSM opponent wanted to take 1 HQ that was a GD I wouldn't hesitate in saying "go for it and thank you".
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by KwiKwag View Post
    without having the IG codex in front of me I doubt the TechPriest is worded the same exact way
    The wording is identical -
    "Techpriest Enginseers do not use up any Force Organisation chart selections, but are otherwise treated as separate HQ units."
    (daemon) "This model does not use up any force organisation chart selection, but is otherwise treated as an HQ unit."

However the chaos marine codex specifies that summoned daemons don't count towards the army's minimum or maximum unit selection - page 89 - so no, you can't take them as your one HQ.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

Why would you ever want to?
    win some, lose some

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    430 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna View Post
    Why would you ever want to?
    It's a bit of a curve ball.
    I think most people would expect to see winged princes morning, day, and night - not a drive-by greater daemon delivery by a couple of CSMs in a rhino.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

59 (x2)

Thanks for pointing the pg.89 info out, missed that one. And yes it was just to try something different, maybe for a few themed lists etc.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

I thought about the same thing DeathPoke... using a SGD and 30 Lesser Daemons as my compulsory so that I can take more elites and heavies. It would be kind of a cool idea to take a fully possessed army with SGD, Lesser Daemons, Possessed, Dreads, Oblits and Defilers.
    Last edited by Col. Dracus; January 25th, 2012 at 01:42.

+ Reply to Thread