Codex Chaos Legions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 85 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Codex Chaos Legions

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Codex Chaos Legions

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkGeneral View Post
    Well, The Dude has once again translated nicely what I was trying to say/imply. The Chaos Legions Codex will be full of "uber" power and cool rules and modifications to make current "things" more useful. Will we be Grey Knights? NO! Even mentioning that is an insult to our Dark Masters!

I feel if players want to compare us to other Astartes Codexes, they'll find reasons to be disappointed. We ARE NOT them, but a much more modified version, tainted, corrupted, full of hate and desire for power and millennium age old vengeance! Spiky, vicious, fierce, evil, dark, and cool as hell, that's how I'd describe our new models. As they should be!

Will Alpha Legion get as much attention and love as the World Eaters? Not from GW basic, but then, that's where Forge World comes in! Will Emperor's Children have Hell Knights? Or Silver Towers of Tzeentch for Thousand Sons? Not for a while...but if I were to mention (again) that a plastic kit for a fabled "gunship" and "jackal scout" where done a long time ago, and for GW reasons not released yet, would that excite you?

Well, as for the hopes of Drop Pods/Dread Claws and Hell Talons/Flyers, yeah yeah yeah, I was told we'll get some of those, but I find it hard to believe that GW would give us actual Drop Pods...Dread Claw variants, probably. I doubt Forge World would cry much over the low sales Dread Claw they offer, and probably either upgrade it's rules to be a lil' better/more expensive or just keep it on the back burner for all their other Chaos models being released. Don't expect "exact" Hell Talons, but very fast shoot you up with hvy auto-cannons, I was told yes.

Again, I personally have a lil' hard time believing the inclusion of these into our Legions, but it'd make sense and it'd be VERY welcomed! As for the whining about Grey Knights, the current Chaos Codex can actually defeat them (and Space Wolves), i've done it enough times, however such lists tend to be "rock paper scissor" against most other Armies.

HAHahhahaha...yeah, lil' slip on the "Fex" commentary. I do hope they go with a 2 shot version of the Havoc Launcher!
    This was the Dude's summery.

18 Mar 2012 - theDarkGeneral said recently that the Dex is finished and should be leaving the printers shortly for warehousing ahead of distribution in the next couple of months.

He went on the say there is supposedly four waves of miniature releases planned.

He also claimed some mark-specific vehicle upgrades reminicent of the 3.5 Codex may appear, such as Poisoned flamers for Nurgle, higher strength/lower AP weapons for Tzeentch, Sonic weaponry for Slaanesh and "brutal blades" for Khorne (a possble reference to the old Destroyer upgrade, maybe?)

theDarkGeneral also said that there will be definition between Raptors and "Chaos Assault Marines", with Raptors being a new cult for Night Lords and "Assault Marines" being available to all Legions with the ability to be marked. Opinion seems divided on whether this would be a good move or not.

He went on to say that HQ choicess will effect the types of units and marks available to your Army, mentioning that "IF 6th Edition returns to Percentages, the Codex will make more sense"

Squeezed into this was the claim that Daemons could be redone for both 40K and Fantasy sometime in 2013, with new Greater Daemon models being released at that time. This has led to some discussion of large plastic kits incorporating special character builds in the vein of the Hive Tyrant/Swarmlord kit, but this is all wild speculation at the moment, and not a lot is likely to become clear on that from this year.

23 Mar 2012
    - theDarkGeneral has had a lot to say in recent days, so here's a wrap-up:

theDarkGeneral has said the book should allow players to field Legion-specific armies that have a uniqueness similar to older Dex's whilst simultaneously allowing fexible mixed force builds.

theDarkGeneral has clarified that HQ selections may change what units "count as" (unclear if this means FOC slot used or counting as scoring etc), wargear upgrades for squads and vehicles, access to Daemons, and possibly affect unit sizes.

theDarkGeneral has claimed that there could be many more flying options in this book, including "Chosen with Jump Packs (expensive), Possessed with Wings (kinda expensive), Chaos Assault Marines (average), and Raptors". He also implied Cult troops could possibly get access to Jump Packs changing their FOC slot, but that part of his post could easily have been wishful thinking, especially given he also said there could be some tough choices, with most units unable to move FOC slots. He did mention he had heard it may be possible for certain units under certain conditions to occupy 2 different FOC slots simultaneously, but was dubious about this.

He has gone on to say that Chosen and Possessed could be recieving the most significant overhaul in the book. There is a chance HQ characters could take a unit of Chosen as a bodyguard as an upgrade, thereby not taking up an Elites slot.

Possessed will be more viable, losing the "game costing randomness" curretly on offer. theDarkGeneral claims they could become like the Ogre Kingdoms Maneaters, picking abilities from a list before the game. theDarkGeneral has also suggested a character may allow one or more units of Possessed to be taken as Troops.

According to theDarkGeneral, Berserkers could see their Rage rule return to the old Ld test system, where a failure results in Rage as we know it. He also said that 2 ideas for Chain Axes have been floated. One being simply giving them Rending, the other being +1 Strength. It is unclear which, if any of these ideas will make the cut.

theDarkGeneral has implied Alpha Legion may be able to pass on their Infiltration abilities to their transports.

theDarkGeneral claims Lash of Submission may get downgraded in line with the Daemons Codex version and that a suite of vehicle-mounted sonic weapons were at some point play-tested for Dreads and Preadators, adding there could also possibly be a new heavier sonic weapon with some extra tank-busting capability.

theDarkGeneral has also suggested there may be one or more large Apocalypse sized released for Chaos in the near future too, possibly including some kind of Autocannon-toting flyer, although what this may be is unlcear.

There was also some suggestion from theDarkGeneral that the Havoc Launcher may be upgraded to two shots.
    The Book

The book will include a lot more flexibility than the current book with options to theme lists around specific legions whilst still being able to have access to everything in the codex. HQ units play a much bigger role in the army organisation than before with certain HQs allowing units to become troops.

Units

- Chosen rumoured to become a squad upgrade for Chaos Spacemarines rather than a seperate unit.
    - Khorne Berserkers likely returning to the old style rules where they are subject to Rage if they fail a Ld test.
    Also their chainaxes are changing.
    - Chosen getting access to jump packs but are going to be expensive. (Mentioned this a while back. JvK )
    - Chaos Spacemarine Assault Squads.
    - Raptors still a separate option.
    - Possesed choosing their abilities just like the maneaters in the Ogre Kingdoms book, this includes wings.
    - New Flying unit with a lot of heavy weapons. (I had heard something about this but could not verify this. Nice to know this rumour is being backed up by someone else. JvK )

Weapons/Wargear

- Lash of Submission changing to the way it is in the Chaos Daemons codex.
    - Havoc Launcher becoming Heavy 2.
    - Nurgle flamers becoming poisonous ie: wounding on a set value. (Again something I mentioned a while back.)
    (I should also mention that I have heard that there are a few more daemon weapons, some from the 3.5 codex could be making their way back in this codex albeit somewhat changed.)

- Sonic weapons for dreadnoughts and tanks.

JvK

Last edited by Jared van Kell; March 23rd, 2012 at 20:49.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sweet, i can't wait. all the rumors make it sound so great.

In the Theatre of War, taking centre stage.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    179 (x5)

Nice. Who is writing this one?

also this is quite coincidental as my current Death Guard Raptors are modeled on the Assault marines kit with the Death Guard FW upgrades.

Im still holding out for the return of Cultists though and fingers crossed for plastic legion specific marine kits like noise marines and thousand sons!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

I have mixed thoughts myself.I dont like the fact that i keep reading this 3.5 edition anachronism on every rumor thread i read about chaos.But some of those 'new' ideas are cool.The only things i would take as credible right now would be the overhaul of the chosen,possessed and the new fliers(whether they are new units or induction from forgeworld.I personally believe the later)since those two units are in bad shape right now and there are strong voices for them been changed by the community and regarding the flyers because of the turn of sixth.

Time will tell.

P.S.I dont think that there will be a formal Demon codex in 13.Sorry to bring it down to demon players but if thats the case i think it will be most likely a pdf release.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell View Post
    - New Flying unit with a lot of heavy weapons. (I had heard something about this but could not verify this. Nice to know this rumour is being backed up by someone else. JvK )

(I should also mention that I have heard that there are a few more daemon weapons, some from the 3.5 codex could be making their way back in this codex albeit somewhat changed.)[/I][/B]
    JvK
    New flying unit with lots of heavy weapons = Jump troop Oblits!

Looking forward to getting my dark blade and Kai gun back for the iron warriors! Anything else been said about Iron Warriors then?

Dan

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by pilot00 View Post
    P.S.I dont think that there will be a formal Demon codex in 13.Sorry to bring it down to demon players but if thats the case i think it will be most likely a pdf release.
    That I think will depend solely on if/how Summoned Daemons are handeled in the new codex. If they stay much the same as they are now but with the added ability to take a mark of chaos which adds a special ability or two, then yes, a new Daemons codex might be later in coming.

BUT!!!

If the new codex gets cult daemons, who are cheaper and/or with slightly improved abilities/rules than their Daemon codex counterparts, GW will have no choice but to push a new daemons 'dex to near the front of the que.
    Otherwise the message they'd be sending to every single Daemon player is, "we don't value your money and you're nothing but a second class customer."

To not release a new Daemon codex within a year of Chaos Marines getting much better versions of our basic core units would be a huge gaff. VC players only had to wait about 6 or 7 months to be brought into line after the TK release afterall!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by experiment 626 View Post
    That I think will depend solely on if/how Summoned Daemons are handeled in the new codex. If they stay much the same as they are now but with the added ability to take a mark of chaos which adds a special ability or two, then yes, a new Daemons codex might be later in coming.

BUT!!!

If the new codex gets cult daemons, who are cheaper and/or with slightly improved abilities/rules than their Daemon codex counterparts, GW will have no choice but to push a new daemons 'dex to near the front of the que.
    Otherwise the message they'd be sending to every single Daemon player is, "we don't value your money and you're nothing but a second class customer."

To not release a new Daemon codex within a year of Chaos Marines getting much better versions of our basic core units would be a huge gaff. VC players only had to wait about 6 or 7 months to be brought into line after the TK release afterall!
    Time will tell i guess.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I'm just hoping the bad guys get some character this time around. The SW, BA and (urgh) GK codexes are all crammed with stuff unique to each force. Chaos needs that feeling of tip-top nastiness back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't that DarkGeneral guy pretty unreliable, last year he came out with a whole bunch of rumours that weren't true

jboweruk

I heard it would be basically a 'Codex Chaos', with anything to do with Chaos in; including Daemons. Don't worry, if it has daemons they'll be trying to outnerf Ward's GK's I'm sure.

It seems likely that everyone will gradually get flyers; dunno about normal SM's, they won't give us Thunderhawk's and have clearly stated Stormraven's are out of the equation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 85 1231151 ... LastLast