Librarium Online Forums banner

Need help with chaos

498 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Kantoken 
#1 ·
So where I generally play for tournements, I generally place in the top five. But I havereasoned out, and have been told by some of my opponents after the game that my army lacks ranged support. I just don't know what to go with. So I am asking the community what your opinions are and for any suggestions.

The core of my army is as follows.

Chaos Marines: champ with either fist or PW and IoCG, 9 marines where two have meltas, in a rhino
Chaos Marines: champ with either fist or PW and IoCG, 9 marines where two have meltas, in a rhino
Berzerkers: champ with PW, 8 berzerkers, a rhino
Thousand sons: sorcerer with either doom bolt or GoC, then 4-8 thousand son marines
terminators: 5 termies, 4 with combi plas, one Hflmer, icon of tzeentch or nurgle (deepstrike)
defiler: reaper auto, close combat arm

I thank all of you very much for suggestions to go off of that for an army, or just for ranged support.

#2 ·
you do seem to be missing some range support.
i would drop your thousand sons for some oblitertors which will give you a few good options with their arrange of armourments
drop the heavy flamer in the termis and put a reaper auto cannon some more range and if you scatter you got a few more targets you can hit.
also which hq do you use? as i would sugest a deamon prince with wings mos and lash to help bring those pesky loyalst troops (and any other troops) closser to your template weapons and your troops.

thats my 2 scense as to say any way all the best in your gaming :)

#3 ·
well as an Hq I try to run both a Lash Prince and a lord, my other elites are only one dreadnought, and then for fast I use raptors.

But yeah maybe I should take out the raptors and the sons to get onliterators and maybe havocs with 2 lascannons and 2 missiles.

#6 ·
Forget the Raptors (too much points for a too low impact) and Dreadnought (too unpredictable to be a reliable heavy weapon platform). Like said before by the others, get Obliterators, or, if the points allow it, go heavy weapon spam (2 or more squads Havocs with missile launchers, and/or autocannons).

For more expensive options, think of a Landraider flanked by one or two Predators.

#4 ·
you lack obliterators.

for tournament play they are crucial.

i would also lose the thousand sons. they are just not worth being in an all-comers list. i also like to throw in a predator for extra long range. your troops are all close range. you need to give your opponents some tough targets to choose from in the early rounds. a lone defiler just won't last more than one round of shooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.