Aspiring Champions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone else max out their champions? because they really aren't worth it. (except a berzerker champion w/ axe of khorne and feel no pain and talisman of burning blood).

like in my old chaos army, i maxed out every single champion and my hq's to maximum point limit! do you think they are still worth it?

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?chaosbringer' target='_blank'>40k-forum.tk go there, its the best</a>

i&#39;ve heard alchohol makes you stupid&#33;

No i&#39;m . . . doesn&#39;t

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Champs are almost always worth it in a cc oriented squad. In a shooty squad, it depends on your style of play. Anyways, i usually dont max out my champs. I always go with either a power fist BP or power weapon, BP, Daemonic Strength. In bigger points I may add daemonic mutation in larger point battles but wont usually put any more than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I give my champions powerfists with furious charge and daemonic strength. Sometimes I&#39;ll use one that is decked out (axe of khorne, mutation, &c.) for a little &#39;surprise&#39;.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will usually just give them a power weapon. As I would usually use squads of 8-10 marines to help give my lord an extra bit of a punch in close combat&#33;

I normally wouldn&#39;t give a shooty squad a Champ but for a close combat squad I do because I regularly face IG and am almost constantly outnumbered if i lose the combat. :glare:
    Psychic-Construct of the Codex necromancers design team
    Books of the Imperium;
    29. Thou shalt not use they bolter to kill bees.
    74. Thy shalt not tip the Terminators over during battle.
    Codex Necromancers:
    http://www.freewebs.com/fortyk/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I do take most of the time a champion for shooting squad though get&#39;s equuipped with a powerweapon and a combi-bolter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My champion has a plasma pistol and a power weapon... I used the Khorne champion for the model and remade the chainsword into an axe with green stuff. I used the model because i liked the skulls

I tend to find that a Plasma Pistol is quite effective because although it is quite dangerous to use, when it works i can kill of something like a war walker or a whole attack bike before i charge in (my CSM&#39;s have pistols and CCs).
    FROM THE BOOK OF THE IMPERIUM:

1. Thou shalt not go on a panty raid in the Adaptus Soritus temple.
    2. Thou shalt not flirt with Howling Banshees. They are the enemy.
    3. Thou shalt not refer to Battle Sisters as Bolter Biatches
    4. Darth Vader isn’t the son of Abaddon
    5. Thou shalt not reassemble a Necron into a washing machine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Thousand sons you&#39;re almost required to upgrade your aspiring champs simply because the rest of the squad isn&#39;t getting any upgrades. So you&#39;ll end up giving him a powerweapon and a plasma or a pair of lightning claws and a psychic power or two and an extra wound and maybe tack a squad of screamers to that squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter@Nov 14 2004, 19:50
    In Thousand sons you&#39;re almost required to upgrade your aspiring champs simply because the rest of the squad isn&#39;t getting any upgrades. So you&#39;ll end up giving him a powerweapon and a plasma or a pair of lightning claws and a psychic power or two and an extra wound and maybe tack a squad of screamers to that squad.
    [snapback]250283[/snapback]
    with my 1k sons, I gave the champs bolt of change and thats all. keep &#39;em cheap and effective.

I don&#39;t make any of my hq more than 150 points either.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
    -Ben Franklin

-Guns don't kill people, bullets do.-

-Support your local game store! Don't buy online or from GW stores.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I give my champs power weapon, bolt pistol and D.S, I think its quite cheap for 16 pts (I use four of these guys in favored units, soit gets even cheaper ), its not a waste of points as many of my opponents do like to come close.

As I play Emp.Children I have the delight of shooting and assaulting mixture in my army, and these champs works fine in my mainly shooty army.

As my army mostly work all together, they are quite close, so if an enemy charge and doesn&#39;t wipe out my squad, I have the advantage of brining in two-three squads with these champions in it... Eleven Strenght 5 power weapons attacks are a great punch back as I most of the time strike first.

/Cheers ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two CSM squads in my Lost and the Damned army. The first squad he gets a power weapon and thats it. The second is a possesed squad and he gets mutation and a powerfist. So I dont max them out either. I focus on what I want them to be able to do and not go overboard with it.
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast