How Were You Converted - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do the chaos forces get new recruits? I read somewhere that occassionally they'll use an inticement method (say, giving a weakling the strength he wants to make his tormentors pay, or warping an ugly person so they look beutifal). Also, are all of the chaos worshippers in the Eye/Maelstrom renegades from the Imperium or were some of them born there? I just want to know so I can improve the fluff for my chaos forces/characters.

The Grand Necromagus of the LO Codex: Necromancers Design Team.

The Supreme Lance Leader of the Codex: Wasters Design Team.

Cruelty has a Human Heart
    And Jealousy a Human Face
    Terror, the Human Form Divine
    And Secrecy, the Human Dress

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, most chaos conversion takes place through the lust for quick power.
    Take my words with a grain of salt, i am not the tactical genius i think i am!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone think that they could come up with some generic "conversion stories" and post them here? With a basic outline of how and why a character might turn to chaos it'd be easier for me to make my fluff.

Speaking of fluff... does anyone think they could post some mutations? (Just fluffy/descriptive, if you do think of rules then I have an Inquisitor post [Inquisitor Chaos] for you to post to.) I'm simply asking because I don't have much of an imagination for faces/bodies, which makes it really hard for me to make my characters look "chaosy".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

If you're talking about the traitor legions, then two words. Fabius Bile. He clones all the space marines that the legions will need, and enjoys their protection and favour for doing this. If you're looking at general chaos, check out the books of Chaos in the Chaos marine codex or check the Chaos books that have been produced on all of the Gods.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, while Fabius does clone existing Chaos Marines he also acts as one of thsoe marines who look after the geneseed (what are they called again?) for all of the Traitor Legions, so they simply bring new recruits to him and he injects the geneseed of the specific Legion into the recruit, the process isn't monitored like it is in a loyalist Chapter so the recruit needs a high constitution and willpower to avoid warping into a chaos spawn or some other failure/genetic monstrosity.

Also, do you mean the Liber Chaotica's? Because I have Codex Chaos Space Marines/Eye of Terror.

Also, the Liber Chaotica's are Warhammer, I'm asking for 40K, it's easy to create fluff for WH chaos, as there are multiple gods and not the single one in 40K (the emperor).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the guy who looks after the progenoid glands is the Apothecary. It's his job to collect them from fallen Space Marines.

And for mutations, are we talking like a foot coming out of a guy's head, because that would be pretty cool.

EDIT: 40k has the four gods of chaos. And if I'm not mistaken, there's a 5th God of Chaos named Khellendros.
    This message approved by Sanguinius_X.

"Iron Within, Iron Without"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By multiple gods I mean that humanity in WH worships multiple gods (Sigmar, Ulric, Morr, Taal, Shallya ect), so it's all too easy for them to accidently give praise to one of the chaos gods by mistake.

Also, there are actually dozens- maybe hundreds of chaos gods, the four brothers (my name for Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh) are just the best known. The official Fifth Chaos God was Malal, who embodied chaos's tendency to prey upon itself, he was the patron of those who embraced chaos to get the strength to destroy it. He was removed in 2nd edition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the 5th God was Malal, god of anarchy fell out with his brothers and was cast from "heaven".I thought they renegades and repainted there armor. Mine background they were Death Guard fought in the Horus Heresy and took a warp jump to the eye of terror and carved a mini empire.Well theirs mine.
    Lifes a PC game, learn to play it or loose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

40k has the four gods of chaos. And if I'm not mistaken, there's a 5th God of Chaos named Khellendros.
    NO! the fifth chaos god is Slight Annoyance.

As for my chaos legion, they just sucked, kept being annihaleted, and then slaanesh began to whisper to them "Worship me, and you wont be the whipping boy anymore..." If anyone saw pentagram's story on traitor legions being not evil, thats when my force commander got all daemon-princed up. By being thrown out of an air lock. See, they get praise for being rubbish.

Yes, thats my excuse for being pants at 40K.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

At first I fell in love with the daemonettes on the battlefeild, then slowly I began to hate slaanesh, her and all her power, and me only being a Lt, and her never actually meeting one on one with me.

Thus my hate built, until Malal sensed it in me, and I made a pact with him, he would give me full power, and he would offer me one on one time, for plotting against slaanesh, and thus I became a Prince of Malal's army, he gave me a small squad of very powerful, slaanesh loathing, warriors, and thus I took off to slaughter my old allies. Every time I sill their blood I just think about how I am one step closer to finally killing Slaanesh, for she never cared about me, not the way my Lord Malal does.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast