Emperors Children Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, we are having a 1250 pts Campaign around here. It has been going on for some weeks and we have a score system on Wins (3 points for each win), Draws (one point for both), Loss (no points). You get it?

So far I am on the Fourth place. And those ones who goes to Semi-finals are the following armies (with their position on the list)

1: LatD
    2: Eldar
    3: Tau
    4: Emperors Children (ME&#33
    5: Space Wolves (Unsure if he is going to the semi's next week)

Now my army consits of: CC Lord, CC leiutenant, 5 terminators (4 sonic blasters one blast master), 2x6 Noise marines (4 sonic blasters, one blast master andCC Aspiring champ). 3 Bikes (2 sonic blasters and 1 melt gun). 2x6 Havoc Noisies (2 blast masters in each.

Now I need your help against these armeis
    the space wolves one got allot of vehicels, but He is the least of the problem as I have beaten him several times.

The big worries are Latd, Eldar and Tau.

The LatD player is very good and I know I would loose against him.

Though the Eldar and Tau got the following:

Tau: Shas'O, Ethereal, 4 Battle suits, 5 stealth suits, 2x12 Fire warriros, one human axulleriy 8 of them. Pathfinders in Devilfish with rail rifles, 2 broad sides and one hammerhead.
    I really fear those battle suits with Ap2 weapons >.<

Eldar:Avatar, one farseer with 2 warlocks(guide, fortune, enhance and witchblades). 5 striking scorpions (exarch with crushing blow), 2x14 Guardians with Warlock (one squad with starcannon the other scatter laser, warlocks with Conceal), Vyper with bright lance, Falcon. Wraithlord.
    He is also a good player
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So I need help with re-designing my army to deal with this
    I got enough with anti-infantry/tank weapons (blast masters :lol
    Though I got VERY few Ap3 weapons and many of these armies consists and uses such units that leads the army with 3+ saves. :hmm:

I can EASLY re-disign my army to close combat, shooting or both.
    Just help please.

/Cheers :unsure:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch those Tau sound nasty. My idea against Tau is RHINO RUSH. Lots of close-combat weapons. Combat drugs would help aswell, I&#39;d try the same for the Eldar aswell
    Lifes a PC game, learn to play it or loose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah.. the only thing I don&#39;t got.. Rhinos >.<
    :hmm:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bikers turbo up one flank and then next turn spew out a load of deamonettes into the tau. Either that or consider taking some possessed with flight. The quicker you can get up to a tau, the quicker you get get to see if a firewarrior really can breath with both lungs ripped out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever you do, don&#39;t get into shooting matches against the Eldar and the Tau. The best thing you&#39;ve got going for you are the blastmasters, as they can cause pinning. Eldat and Tau can&#39;t shoot when their heads are stuck in a hole. Then finish them of in cc. So max out on blastmasters in your Havocs squads and get cc marines as Troops with a blastmaster in each unit. And get a Rhino&#33; Stick a 10 men squad in there with "furious charge" and a cc monster champion and hack &#39;em to bits.

LatD are a horde army and you don&#39;t want your expensive units swamped by them. Stand back and start firing. They cannot swamp you when they&#39;re pinned.

This basically means you need two completely different armies. I don&#39;t know if you have to use the same list for every game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not have to use the same list... Though that LatD player got SIX GIGANT MUTANTS&#33;

they are a true horror..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, nothing scary about Big Mutants when they&#39;re standing around and looking fearsome / stupid (aka pinned).
    But when they crash your lines, you&#39;re in trouble. But they have to slog all over the battlefield before they

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um.. Gigant Spawns.. VERY difrent rules... Fore World stuff >.<

though I am suddenly in the finals now.. so... :lol:

I am going against the Eldar player on 1500 pts. And its looking good :wub:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tau are a real bugger to beat, as they have AP2 weapons. It is hard to target them with shooting due to their jetpacks, so I would suggest getting a few more bikes for those games - they turbo boost up the field, get a 3+ invun save and then next turn you let rip with daemonettes, Sonic Blasters, Meltaguns and druggy biker champs&#33;&#33;

For the LaTD, I thought you could shoot em up. Try getting a few predators with lascannons for the giant mutants although I&#39;m not sure what they do. You could out shoot the Eldar, but it&#39;ll be hard, and watch out for crystal targeting matrices&#33;

Or you could just get a Defiler with indirect fire...

Keep smilin&#39;&#33;
    Whats wrong with homicide?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, I did beat tau, amazingly wounding and killing all his Crisis, Broadsides and hammerhead in the first turn :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I am up against Eldar next time... :hmm:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast