Chaos Marine Plastic Box Set - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking to collect Deathguard but the Plague marine models don't really appeal to me. My hope was to buy the plastic chaos marines and convert them slightly to give them a nurgle feel.

But i don't know if there is enough CC weapons to kit out six marines and a powerfist for the champion. Is there a special weapon in the box set (eg. meltagun)?

Any help would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefr...dual&code=43-06

That's what's in it. I'd say no.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, there is. The standard (i.e. undivided) kit lets you build 8 marines, and comes with the "Chaos sprue,' which contains special weapons such as a powerfist, melta, etc.

I'm not sure, but I think that if you buy the Plague Marines boxed set, it replaces this sprue with Nurgle-specific pieces.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

But there aren't enough arms to replace them all with CC weapons.

Nevermind I wasn't counting the gun holding hands you can convert those to close combat ones.

And no they replace them entirely with metal models.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. Thanks guys.

It looks like i will have to pay the extra &#036;15AU for the extra CC weapons if i want this army. <_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

naw you&#39;ll be set with the undivided box. Just get it put the bolters on the bolt pistol arms. Use the cc weapons as normal. You get 4. Then take the powersword and chop off the little line so it&#39;s a normal sword and put a bolter on instead of a plasma pistol. Then for the aspiring champ give him the pfist and a bolter in the other arm. You will have to convert it. And then for your seventh guy give him the plasma gun thats in it. You&#39;re set with 7 men. and you&#39;ll have an extra body an heavy bolter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you need more CC weapons anyway? The purpose of plague marines having true grit is to hold a bolter and count as having 2 CC weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For more cc weapons you can take a couple of the loyalist Space Marine cc sprue. This includes one arm with bolt pistol, one arm with chainsword, one hand with plasma pistol to replace on the arm with bolt pistol and two shoulder pads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what he&#39;s looking for is a way to get lots of CCW (chainswords, maces, sharp pointy sticks) without actually coughing up large amounts of cash while maintaining the look of his models. I&#39;d personally see what I could get in space wolves bloodclaws since they come with lots of CCW and look scruffy to begin with and then get chaos shoulderpads and a bolter sprue or two and maybe a mutation sprue and then go to town. If you REALLY wanted to get fancy then you could add on chaos backpacks too for the complete feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all.

Nayra i think your idea may just work. Also i&#39;ll try to pinch some CC weapons off my friend and brother (Black templar and space wolfs) :ph34r: .

this&#39;ll save me around &#036;60Au over four squads&#33; Enough for a pred.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast