Tsons Or Dg - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tsons Or Dg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Ok well here is the question that all of you expect to hear from a newb and i cant believe that i am even typing this down.

I am having the hardest time deciding on whether I want to play deathguard or thousand sons. I had originally decided on the tsons but i ran into some problems that i cant quite get over. Here's my thoughts on it.

I wanted to play tsons for a couple of different reasons. First of all i like the way they look alot, i also like the fact that their squads are very tough with the rubric marines, another important factor was that the tsons are a relatively cheap army to build.

Then i started to think about the deathguard (since i wanted to play an army with really tough troops). I started realizing how much i like special weapons and i also realized how few of troops i really got with the tsons (like 3 squads of 9 in a 1500 pt battle) I also realized how effective deathguard can be when combined with infiltrate.

so basically i am asking for you veteran chaos players to give your opinions.

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since neither can have heavy weapons, and TS cant have specialweapons, i prefer th eDG, im slowly building and army based on infiltrating marines

i lik ethe T5 over the 2 wounds my se;f cause you get more guys for the points and when S3 weapons are needing6s to hurt you and you save on3 its fun, you last really long

i dont have any exp with the TS, so someone might throw some nerd math in here and prove that th e2 wounds are better than the extra toughness, but when you figure in the ability to take special weapons and vet skills it changes things, granted it increases the cost

death guard are easier to paint too
    what a long strange trip its been

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the 2 wounds is nice but when you think about how slow they are....it really doesn't make much of a difference, in short, they get shots to pieces. :hmm:

death guard are easier to paint too
    He's serious! I got some thousand sons to include in my Black Legion and after painting 2 TS I couldn't be bothered painting them anymore. (I kind of obsess with making all the lines and stuff perfect...) I just went back to painting the rest of my black legion where I could actually make some progress! :wacko: I know it sounds kind of lazy but after actually using some TS in a game, I found that they couldn't keep up with the rest of my army. (i kept rolling 1s for their movement.) Every time after that I tried to paint them I just kept thinking what a waste of $55!

So for the reasons stated above i think you should collect Death Gaurd over Thousand Sons.
    Psychic-Construct of the Codex necromancers design team
    Books of the Imperium;
    29. Thou shalt not use they bolter to kill bees.
    74. Thy shalt not tip the Terminators over during battle.
    Codex Necromancers:
    http://www.freewebs.com/fortyk/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

after thinking about it I came to realize that their speed is one of the biggest things that bothers me. I mean sure, you can give each of the squads a rhino but thats just more points in an already points heavy army.

anyways I'm still thinking about it but I am starting to lean more and more towards the DG.

Also i always thought that the Tsons would be an easier paint job than the DG. Can you guys tell me how you go about paintin yours?
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go whichever way you want. but let me say this. the nurgle marines look like they're pregnant, is that what you want?!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Do what i did...start both. In the long term that's going to happen anyway

jwu

Senior Member SendMoreParamedics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gah, the death guard are terrible. If it wasnt for the dark eldar i would call them the worst models GW made for 40k. Compare that with TS who have far cooler looking models, and a far superior color scheme. that alone is enough to win me over to TS. now consider the joys of magic and what not. far more interesting than the 'ya theyre diseased n stuff' crap you get with death guard. the only joy of death guard is T5 (yes its better than 2 wounds, especially when you consider what a lascannon can do to a multiwound model), but its not enough to compensate for everything else.

+ Reply to Thread