Violator Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Violator Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey..after having lost a large partof my Black legion warriors to teh dreaded iquana i bought some more stuff and decided the legion was dead...so i have started repainting my army as the violators chaos marines.. NOw as my army has changed slightly..(damned iquana..gonnna make a belt out of i reckon) i have some problmes..i'm not winning as much and i feel it's my way of playing..to used to legion damnit

PS teh violators are ultramarine blue..with chainmail trim.

anyway here is what i have and then i will tell you how i generally fight with them

HQ----> deamon prince, couple of lords and the greater deamon of tzeencht
    Elites--->9 temrinators. 2 with reapers and one with haevy flamer
    possesed being repainted with demonic talons.
    troops--> lots of basic troops..about 40..18 close combat 7 bolt pistol. rest bolters with some plasma and flamer
    16 Thousand sons.. (they match in well with the violators colour scheme)
    14 plague marines
    Fast--->12raptosrs.. i know only allowed 10 but 2 have plasma pistols..one has meltagun and one has flamer leader had twin lightning claws

heavy---> 2 dreads. 1 with plasma cannon, havoc launcher and CC weapon with bolter. 1 with same but arms can be changed to give two CC weapons and bolter and flamer weaons..also havoc launcher

also have about 3 rhinos...about means 1 is still being fixed up..damn iquana ate the roof off

generally if i'm playing i usually have most the army sitting back and shooting..althought latelyl with the loss of most my long range weapon ppl i think that is working against me.. i still marh my nurgle forward.. and i lost my khonre. 9this was one bad mood hungry iquana..why do i keep it) and have only jsut got teh thousand son...but i sorta march them forward like dumb targets just shooting away.

ideas ppl? hate losing.. i usually find myself fighting necrons/blood angels/ nids and lately tau

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear about your lost, you should really try to buy back what you lost. But from what you have left You could make a pretty decent assaulty army. Give both dreads a lascannon if you can to deal with armor. For troops deck out as many as you can for cc, and put one in a rhino. Use your nurgle guys for assault and put them in another rhino, and for your Mutants give them the mark of Khorne on top of the claws, so theyll get more attacks so more 6s, and put them in your third rhinos. Use your 1k sons to screen for your other marines, and try to invest some money into Havoc squads. I don't know how much all this costs points wise, but its just a few ideas you might be able to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I would suggest maybe a cc themed army, as the figure painted has bp and ccw..... but thats just me, maybe tool up w/ lots of CSMs, and furious charge, w/ bp and ccws...... there u got a good army, lol, I just don't know about tzeentch, the marines are expensive (points wise) and I don't think they are to worth it.....
    definately use the raptors, make it fast, rhino rush, use the dread for fire support, maybe a squad of havocs, I always thought they looked like a fast army..... thats my rant anyways......

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like you are developing a very nasty Assault/Close Combat army (my favorite kind). Looking at what units you have available this is a rather Assault/Close Combat oriented army (the point cost I have no idea, I will look it up when I return home).

-=HQ Choice=-

Chaos Lord
    Terminator Armor
    Lightning Claws
    Spiky Bits
    Demonic Essence
    Demonic Mutation
    Demonic Strength
    Demonic Aura

-=Elite Choices=-

-=Rhino=-
    Smoke Launcher
    Extra Armor

9 Thousand Sons
    Bolters
    Thousand Sons Sorcerer
    Bolter
    Wind of Chaos

-=Rhino=-
    Smoke Launcher
    Extra Armor

9 Thousand Sons
    Bolters
    Thousand Sons Sorcerer
    Bolter
    Wind of Chaos

-=Rhino=-
    Smoke Launcher
    Extra Armor

9 Plague Marines
    Bolters
    1 Aspiring Champion
    Master Crafted Plasma Pistol

5 Nurgling Bases
    Claws and Teeth

-=Heavy Support Choice=-

Dreadnought
    Plasma Cannon
    Close Combat Weapon
    Daemonic Possession
    Mutated Hull
    Combi-Bolter

Dreadnought
    Twin-linked Lascannon
    Close Combat Weapon
    Daemonic Possession
    Mutated Hull
    Combi-Bolter

Or if you have the Havocs...

5 Havocs
    Lascannon
    3 Autocannons
    Heavy Bolter
    Veteran Skill: Tank Hunters

-=Elite Choice=-

8 Rubric Terminators
    Combi Bolters
    Power Weapons

Terminator Aspiring Champion (sorcerer)
    Terminator Armor
    Power Weapon
    Master Crafted Plasma Pistol
    Wind of Chaos

-=Fast Attack Choice=-

9 Raptors
    Bolt Pistol
    Close Combat Weapon
    2 Plasma Pistols
    1 Flamer
    Frag/Krak Grenades

1 Aspiring Champion
    Lightning Claws
    Frag/Krak Grenades

Basically here is my humble opinion on a good Assault/Close Combat army using models that you own (though I did insert some nurglings, because well... they are so funny). If for some reason I messed up making the army list (it does seem odd that both Nurgle and Tzeentch would work together) I apologize in advance; also if I misinterpreted your Chaos Space Marine pool (you did say you had 40 plus troops and I only used 27) I also apologize.

Regards,

Remidius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually the plauge marines and 1k sons would be elites, Unless if you gave your lord a mark of nurgle/tzeentch, but then you can't have any of the other, as Tzeentch and Nurgle are opposing gods. So that list wont work as you have two many elites (4) and not enough troops (uhm... zero)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um...you do know that the Violators are a Slaanesh army?

Their previous commander ( who was a dreadnought ) was killed by a Khornite Daemon Prince on a daemon world whos name I cannot remember.

They are definatly a HTH army as everything I've read about them would suggest this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you read more about them Moncs?

etc etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gah i just read that book today.. (deamon world is where he read up on the violators). DAMN. well hell with it this is a break away faction of the violators.

I know that tzeencht and thousand sons are enemies but damn it they thousand sons jsut match in so well with my violators.. just need fluff for them now.

i WILL NOT HAVE SLANNESH..i have learned to loath and hate slaneesh...almost as much as the imperialist scum

yeah i reckon i will be going to the CC..my last army was kinda shooty so maybe time to get up close and personal

oh and on a side note... i got a srtonger cage for my iquana..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

I suppose you could make up some own fluff about Violators who broke off the original chapter because they refused to worship Slaanesh... I have that book (Daemon World) but it doesn't say the entire chapter was Slaaneshi IIRC.
    They could be like Black Legion, one company may worship Slaanesh, but another may be Tzeentchian etc.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where/How might I acquire this book?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast