Question Mark Of Nurgle... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, as a result of receiving the mark of Nurgle, models are blessed with Daemonic Resilience. Now, this being said, many people on these forums say that they often choose the mark of Nurgle, due to the fact that they cannot be
    auto-killed by weapons such as lascannons. However, it clearly says under the section for the resilience gift, that you have to use the original toughness for determining auto-kills. I have searched within the codex, and have found no special excemption for Nurgle, and so I ask... do models with the mark of Nurgle include their increased toughness for auto-kill determination.

On a side note, if I am right and they do not, I believe this brings to fruition that Thousand Sons are indeed superior to the Death Guard (Not that they aren't even if I'm wrong...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

model with D. resillience can indeed be killed by weapons such as a lascannon or missilelauncher, you use the unmodified throughness for that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know anyone stupid enough to think that they don't get instant killed. Tzeentchian troops die just as easy to lascannons and krak missles I dunno what you meant by better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I never meant better in terms of instant-kills. Its just the old Death Guard vs Thousand Sons topics was basically the toughness of the former versus the wounds of the latter. All I'm saying by better is seeing how the toughness doesnt factor how many players thought it did, this obviouslt fixes that particular argument.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

My money's still on death guard over thousand sons, but ultimately, it depends how you play them. Thousand sons are cool, but they have some pretty serious disadvantages to compensate, not to mention that the mark costs 5 points extra.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont forget they all have true grit so even the basic troops have 2 attacks in all close combats.

+ Reply to Thread