A Khorne Lieutenant As A Leader For A Mou Squad... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

I have this awesome Berserker champion in a terminator armour and I want to use him as part of my regular force as a Lieutenant with the mark of Khorne. The problem I see is that I have no Berserkers squads and that I use mainly Plague Marines for the Core Troops of my army and 2 Chaos Undivided squads. Since I don't want him to go alone I want to make him the leader of a squad. So I was asking myself if I could make him join one of my Chaos Undivided squad that I geared for close combat. That would give an edge to the squad and the squad would provide protection for this character.

Since they don't have the same mark I'm not sure if this is possible. My army is a Chaos Undivided army that I could qualify as a Black Legion army if I need to and its leader is a Daemon Prince with the Chaos Undivided mark. Anyway I see nothing in the codex and in the rule book that tell me this is illegal.

Note that the squad is not a Retinue for the Lieutenant, it is a squad he will join at the beginning of the batte. Also
    This is what I will equip him:
    Mark of Khorne
    Terminator Armour
    D. Mutation
    Axe of Khorne + CC weapon
    Furious Charge

Total 131 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, it would work except for one rule: blood frenzy, anyone with bloodfrenzy cannot join a squad without blood frenzy as they cannot give coherent commands.

so i guess the real question is if a bike or daemonic flight, or something that nullifies blood frenzy would make him able to join a squad.........hmmm.
    Take my words with a grain of salt, i am not the tactical genius i think i am!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Originally posted by Rengaw@Jan 17 2005, 17:58
    hehe, it would work except for one rule: blood frenzy, anyone with bloodfrenzy cannot join a squad without blood frenzy as they cannot give coherent commands.

so i guess the real question is if a bike or daemonic flight, or something that nullifies blood frenzy would make him able to join a squad.........hmmm.
    [snapback]305520[/snapback]
    The blood frenzy is a special rule, and they must have it.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111 (x3)

Originally posted by Rengaw@Jan 17 2005, 19:58

[snapback]305520[/snapback]
    Well the rule for a character joining a unit state that the combined unit (the character and the squad) moves and assaults at the speed of the slowest model while they stay together. So basically the character cannot move more than the unit he is with...

If the blood frenzy still apply then I must roll a D6 for it, if the character move 2" away from the unit then it leave it, but if its within 6" of it then it can be targetted only if he is the closest target to the firer.

As for giving him a bike or flight to nullify the blood frenzy then I guess that it's just not worth it...

So if the rule in the rule book about the character joining a unit does not superseed the blood frenzy rule then my character will only be able to join a Berserker squad if I wish to make him part of my army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, it actually states in the codex that a character with the m.o.k. can't join other squads due to bloodfrenzy and not being able to communicate with someone in the grip of the frenzy unless frenzying themself.
    Take my words with a grain of salt, i am not the tactical genius i think i am!

hotspike18

Maybe this won't work, but you could throw in a unit of beserkers just for kicks. Then I believe he could right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111 (x3)

Originally posted by hotspike18@Jan 17 2005, 21:49
    Maybe this won't work, but you could throw in a unit of beserkers just for kicks. Then I believe he could right?
    [snapback]305600[/snapback]
    Yes, I've checked the rule for blood frenzy again and Rengaw is right I guess I'll have to make a retinue for him if I want to take him... or just make him walk alone... or make him deep strike for that matter :blink: Maybe he'll just become a tooled up aspiring champion with a squad of berserkers for games of 500 pts and less...

Thanks for the help all, it was fun to think for a moment that I could have a Khorne killing machine in my hands without having to take a squad of berserkers ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well with the new IC rules in shooting (can only be target if they are the closest valid target) I never join my lieutenants to my 1,000 son squads anymore. My sorceror sits behind a squad and shoots them with BoC once or twice a turn. For a Khorne guy, obviously you want him in close combat. My advice would be to NOT give him the gift that lets him roll two dice, and hope that you never end up rolling a 1 at the wrong time. As I'm guessing you just want to use him because you have the model, not because you're trying to create an uber army list, I expect that most of the time you won't have problems with this. Advance him behind a squad you want to assault with, and have him charge in. Since IC's are seperate units in CC it won't matter about that either. You're opponents guys will just have to decide who to delegate the attacks to.
    Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

+ Reply to Thread