Fabius Bile... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fabius Bile...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Well I was reading my Chaos Codex (again) last night and stopped on Fabius Bile description for a bit. He doesn't seem like it but even if he can be unpredictable he have a really good profile. Either he's a really good CC fighter, as good as an upgraded Chaos Lord or a really good shooter with a lot of toughness and a lot of wounds. All of this for the price he cost (can't say it here). Plus the fact that you can take a chance and use the genetic corruption rule to enhance a squad of close combat warriors rather nicely.

I've made a calculation for the last 4 games of the points my Chaos Statured Lord destroyed and every time he can't seem to get his worth in points back. He's awesome at protecting my rear and destroying annoying characters like assassins and scouts but still not really worth it compared to his cost.

So what do you think about Fabius File, is he worth it? Anyone have any experience with him as the leader of his army. I designed 2 squads that he could join depending on the profile I roll for him at the start of the battle, the first one is a shooting squad with 4 heavy bolters and the second one is a CSM close combat squad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's good for making CC squads not for being good himself. I throw him at the enemy just to tie them up usually. If you take three squads of ten with genetic corruption and give them either infiltrate or Rhinos and CC weapons and BP they are killer, they will most be 1+ s and 1+ I making them marine killers and troop killers alike. The chances are that one squad will get a six or a one and either way they will have +1 str. Possibly all having +1 attack and I don't mess with that lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually use him to take out multi-wound characters, and his needler is awesome for enemies with low armor saves.
    I am with stupid /\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's pretty cool, although people who have seen my model think he looks like Doc Brown

If you get the 1 on his roll, he's pretty tough. Imagine throwing him against a greater demon. The invulerables are the same, so you'll probably survive, but if you manage to get just one unsaved wound on the demon...poof
    Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Well I'll give him a try. He's a good shooter and I like his weaponry. I don't think he will do much but at least he will make some of my squads stronger and faster. It's too bad his rod of torment is not a power weapon tho... I think I will make him replace one of my tooled up aspiring champion so he will lead a full squad of CSM into combat. I'll see how he goes from there.

+ Reply to Thread