Librarium Online Forums banner

Modeling Mutants From Latd

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Gorbass 
#1 ·
If i remeber correctly the tzeenth mutants move like calvery. Would it be acceptable to mount them on tomb king horses to represent this maybe even picking a few guard limbs and replacing them with skeletal ones?

I just love the look of skeletons and want to be ablt to use a tzeenth sorcerer.

I was planning on using
A Tzeenth sorcerer w/ doombolt a power weapon and an invulnerable save
4 full units of traitor guard
2 full units of mutants
2 leman Russes w/ battle cannons
A hellhound
2 more traitor guard units with either a rhino or preferably chimeras

and thats roughly the idea for 1850 points

Do you think it would be allowed

#2 ·
Your list is looking pretty good, thought I wouldn't go with full squads of traitors. My traitors are minimum (groups of 5), because they really shine with their heavy weapons. Use them for their Lascannons and have a few sitting at the back taking out tanks. They're never going to kill anything much with lasguns. Take some allied CSM instead. But either list is allowable.

As far as modelling goes, I'd do a mix. Get some cavalry for centaur type mutants. Then you can grab some beastmen for mutants whose legs have become muscular and like that of an animal. And just grab some other ones that have random limbs growing from everywhere. Tyranid claws would be good for that.

Personally, I got two zombie sprues, a jungle fighter sprue, an imperial guard sprue, an ork sprue, a beastmen sprue and a tyranid sprue for my mutants. Mine are plague zombies, but none of them really look that bloated.

#3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I'd consider some space marines but i really want a list that is different from my normal loyalist marines. As it is right now the list is very open to modification however as I am waiting till I get a job to get started on it heh.

I have heard form imp guard players that if you get enough lasguns firing people start to fail saves. Scariest thing i can think of the list i post earlier would be a smurf tigerius with fear the darkness...

#5 ·
Hmm.. Tzeentch isn't really very undead. His sphere is kind of mutation/evolution/birds. Only the Thousand Sons themselves really have any kind of undead thing going on.

However, just do what you want. You could make it look like the bones are warping their way out of the flesh, that would be very Tzeentch-ish.

Alternatively, have non-aligned mutants and do them however you want, and paint the traitors in Tzeentch colours (blue, yellow etc) to indicate their allegience. There's nothing to say you can't.

#7 ·
Originally posted by Nayra@Jan 24 2005, 20:51
You forgot knowledge arcane. And summoning the dead falls into knowledge arcane.
[snapback]311156[/snapback]​
That thought did cross my mind, but then, there's no real precedent for it. Even the thousand sons are more 'animated suits of armour' than actual skeletons.

As I said though, do whatever you want.. I'd be inclined to go more for warping/mutation than skeletal, but if you really wanna use skeletons, I won't stop you. :)

#8 ·
Originally posted by The_Giant_Mantis@Jan 27 2005, 22:15
That thought did cross my mind, but then, there's no real precedent for it. Even the thousand sons are more 'animated suits of armour' than actual skeletons.

As I said though, do whatever you want.. I'd be inclined to go more for warping/mutation than skeletal, but if you really wanna use skeletons, I won't stop you. :)
[snapback]314264[/snapback]​

Heh i understand but I just love the idea of a sorcer using dark knowledge that man was not meant to know to raise armies of skellies. That and i love the old stop-motion footage of fights with skeletans in the old movie and think it would look cool.

:wub: skeleton fighters

#9 ·
Originally posted by The_Giant_Mantis@Jan 27 2005, 19:15
[snapback]314264[/snapback]​
Yes but they were turned into that by a spell. (Knowledge Arcane) And if that sorcerer were to use his knowledge arcane to, umm I dunno summon skeletons to fight for him, or to turn people into skeletons, I think that would definately be just as fuffy as mutating them alot.

#10 ·
Originally posted by Nayra@Jan 28 2005, 08:47
if that sorcerer were to use his knowledge arcane to, umm I dunno summon skeletons to fight for him, or to turn people into skeletons, I think that would definately be just as fuffy as mutating them alot.
[snapback]314391[/snapback]​
But then you'd need to have a sorceror in your army (which isn't much of a restriction, but still).

#11 ·
Originally posted by Xerxes@Jan 30 2005, 08:17
But then you'd need to have a sorceror in your army (which isn't much of a restriction, but still).
[snapback]316301[/snapback]​
Whish is what I was hoping to do :D.. I know alot of chaos player thinks they aren't that good but I Imagine he would be fuin even if he is the only chaos codex unit in the list.

#13 ·
Personally, I'd make them actual cavalry... sort of a centaur look.
Kroot legs, ork bodies, heads and arms from the mutation sprue and some greenstuff... its gonna take a while, but I think it could be a cool project.

Cavalry or not, I think the Kroot sprues are cool for Tzeenth and Slanesh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.