What Greater Daemon To Chose? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which greater daemon should i take?
    blood thirster?
    keeper of secrets?
    the great unclean one?
    lord of change?

natsonel[FONT=Impact]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Er....well, I would take a Great Unclean One (but thats only because i play Plague Marines)
    The one that scares people the most, and the best in Close Combat is the bloodthirster. 3+ save, Wings, lots of attacks and WS 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x5)

Depends what your after. Obviously the best is the bloodthirster (highest points cost), so if your likely to come across a similiarly tooled up enemy (Avatar or some such thing) he is the best.

If you play against normal marines a lot I find the most 'efficient' for killing marines is the great unclean one. Sure, its not as good as the boodthirster, but is cheaper in points, and its wound marines on 2s, and getting wounded on 6s, just like the bloodthirster. Gives you another 65 points to play with (and has 2 more wounds).

I've not seen the Keeper of Secrets or Lord of Change played, but it seems like the Keeper of secrets would be better in a CC orientated role, while the Lord of Change would be the choice if you wanted psykers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so the great unclean one is pointing to the best huh?
    after you post next think about which demons you can summon in your army with it
    because if lets say the strongest one leads weak models thats no use.
    natsonel[FONT=Impact]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if fighting eldar dont take any as new codex rules for avatar make it able to defeat any of them quite comfortably
    He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if fighting eldar dont take any as new codex rules for avatar make it able to defeat any of them quite comfortably
    You expect us to believe you know the rules for something thats being changed around 2007?
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x5)

Originally posted by Baratos@Feb 11 2005, 037
    You expect us to believe you know the rules for something thats being changed around 2007?
    [snapback]326003[/snapback]

Wel even if he does somehow magically know whats in the new Eldar codex thats not even being worked on yet, it's not coming out until after the Nids and Alienhunters (late 2006 at earliest). Besides, I can't imagine them making the avatar so unbalanced that it could easily defeat a Bloodthirster, making it over 205 points, from 80points. Thats a big points jump all of a sudden.

I imagine you've been misinformed Lazarus.

Sexy land, for only the coolest of people
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i'd say whatever your either going for, on strategie, for your list. Or what appears coolest looking or strategie wise to you. See i'm gonna use(slowly will most likley start chaos) a bloodthirster, but thats because it has a purpose in the list. But like lord of change in my opinion is awesome and i would use one of those but, it doesnt quite fit my idea for my list at all, pluss the bloodthirster looks awesome. Also if you arent wanting to complicate your list like i plan to do, then just pick something that fits the type of chaos your choosing to play. I'm making mine mostly nurgle, with a pinch of khorne. I'm making the list to be able to go on the defencive and offensive, which nurgle can already do. But since khorne is much better in offensive, if i'm up against tyranids i get attacked by them on my basic troops. And then my khornate back up comes in and attack some of the big guys. Pluss with the back of powerful other weaponary too. Also if being attacked offensivley by something like IG, since i have an armadda of rhinos, i go torwards to get into CC, but also have the back up defiler, and obliterators to shoot back while the troops rush to get closer. But doing vanilla chaos there is so many choices you can make and diffrent strategies. You could also do tzeentch with 2 wounds for just the basic marine, but if you wanted to be creative mix in slaanesh(just an example). But really it depends on what you want, as it is also the answer you werent looking for, i'll tell you this since the bloodthirster is the most expensive its also probubly the best. Its the best in CC, and really good. But the lord of change is strong in CC and really good in range attacking. Or if you just want something less expensive with diffrent skillz and a choice of abilitys and minor powers go for keeper of secrets. Also the nurgle greater demon, the great unclean one is the cheapest one by 10-55 points cheaper. And also has the best durablity with 6 wounds. I think great unclean ones are awesome not only in looks but in ability just, unless you dont need more quanity then quality since your troops are to low, then you wont want the unclean the one. I would suggest using it when needing more troops or just the extra points, or if you just like it period.

- i Hope it helped
    "God works in mysterious ways."
    "Everything happens for a reason."

I actually have a slug living in YOU, right now...

Slowly will start playing: Iyanden, and Chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood thirster all the way, get him as close as you can before he get summoned and watch all hell break loose. He has payed for himself three times over in points on more than one occasion, just paint him good. It makes me wanna cry to see the deamons of choas painted like a**
    WE W/L/D 178955613235668/0/2 J/K

Return of the KEEPER OF THE SACRED CHEESE

3000 more points until the PROMISED LAND
    3000 more points until my soul is FREE

SKAVEN ON A BUDGET (click it)

+ Reply to Thread