Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey I was daydreaming in English today and had an excellent idea:
Why not give Mass Mutation to all of your plentiful sorcerors in a Tzeentch army?
1. Every aspiring champion you have (most armies get them free for having 9 sons) gets the ability to further its pursuits in close combat.
2. Thousand sons already have 2 wounds, why not Strength Five? or 2 Attacks? or Toughness 5? or scary masks!? or whatever the last one is?!
3. The chances of killing off your own men are very minimal.
4. It makes your staple squads dead sexy in combat, even if they are lifeless and slow.
5. The fluff ROX! Your lifeless suits of armour advance silently, laying down a constant hail of fire, only to enter combat possessed by demons! Screaming and flailing with unearthly powers!
and possibly the best part:
6. (give your squads Move Through Cover) You move, lay down wicked rapid fire shots (16 licks in a basic squad, plus a champ) and then are able to charge! With devastating effect! (although striking last...oh well )
Ah it makes me drool. And for so Cheap!
2H - LEGIO HYDRA
Can you really mutate them?
You are wrong on tons of things:
1. Cant give vet skills to anything
2. Cant mass mutate TS
3. TS never strike last
Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
Tomb Kings: 8/5/2
Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz
Baratos is right. Nothing with the mark of tzeentch is allowed a veteran skill. They either devote their lives to studying forbidden lore, or don't have a body and therefore can't learn anything. Also, rubric marines are not affected by any sort of mutation- not mass mutation or gift of chaos (you CAN kill your own marines and turn the into spawn! ). They have no bodies to mutate. It says in the book of tzeentch; bottom left column of the first page. This would only work if given to squads of chosen or possessed (who don't really need it as they already have d.strength + another daemonic ability).
Also, slow and purposeful does not lower initiative to 1 like it used to; it offers the ability to move, fire rapid fire weapons s normal AND the charge, at the expense of speed.
I just read it in the codex before I got online...
I can still dream!
2H - LEGIO HYDRA
I don't see why you were so excited about this anyway. Setting aside the fact that it can't be used on Rubric Marines and Khorne has no sorcerors, it works just as well in any other non-Tzeentch army. So why're you shouting about them?
Just give them all bolt of change and giggle.