Daemon Prince help please!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon Prince help please!!

Well I put together this chaos lord a while ago and I gave him over 50 points of wargear and I went to play someone and he insisted that I use the daemon prince model even though I didn't give him daemonic stature. Ok so I know that the chaos codex says:

As a guidline a Chaos Lord with more than 50 points of daemonic abilities can claim to be a Daemon Prince and should be modelled appropriately."
    but since I didn't give him daemonic stature I shouldn't have to use the Daemon Prince model, right? So I guess my question is do I have to use the Daemon Prince model or do I just convert a space marine sized model? And if I need to convert it any ideas?

You can't deal with my infinite nature can you?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member taint_of_the_dark_ones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

The Daemon Prince model is used to represent a Daemon Prince with Daemonic stature. I see no problem with you using a normal lord model, as he has no change in his height. According to the rules, you aren't doing anything illegal, so you can use a chaos space marine model converted to represent his chosen daemonic abilities. Cheers,
    Taint

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Yeah, i think the point is you can use the Deamon Prince model without taking Daemonic Stature, but only if you want.

You dont have to.

Milton Keynes center of the Eye of Terror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon Prince

Only thing with using the Daemon Prince figure is, it is put on a 40mm base for being a monstrous creature, which means you can get more enemy troops around him, which isnt fair if you dont have D.Stature, as he would be the same size as a normal Marine or maybe a Termie.

But anyhow did you win that battle ?

Phadius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheChad5347
    Well I put together this chaos lord a while ago and I gave him over 50 points of wargear and I went to play someone and he insisted that I use the daemon prince model even though I didn't give him daemonic stature. Ok so I know that the chaos codex says:

but since I didn't give him daemonic stature I shouldn't have to use the Daemon Prince model, right? So I guess my question is do I have to use the Daemon Prince model or do I just convert a space marine sized model? And if I need to convert it any ideas?
    yeah you should use the demon prince model, its really cool anyway. one conversion idea is to use inquisitor sized chaos marines and give them scary demonic heads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only thing with using the Daemon Prince figure is, it is put on a 40mm base for being a monstrous creature, which means you can get more enemy troops around him, which isnt fair if you dont have D.Stature, as he would be the same size as a normal Marine or maybe a Termie.
    I think you're free to put whatever model you want on whatever size base you want (as per pg. 6 of the BG so legally i'm allowed to put my runepriest on a pie-plate sized base so when he gates people have more difficulty covering the squad with a template.
    but everyone is perfectly right and your opponent was wrong. not all daemon princes are statured.
    when it says "modelled appropriatly" it means put some green stuff tentacles on him or something to represent him becoming more daemon than space marine. you probably shouldn't use the statured model unless you have stature.

+ Reply to Thread