They Are Called Firearms For A Reason - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently started a Lost and the Damned army and I have a question about arming my mutants. Is it worth it? Giving the normal "firearms" is FREE the only problem is its range 24" str4 ap6 (I didnt want to violate copywrite, but hopefuly they wont prosecute ;p you can also find this is located on page 42 of the Eye of Terror Codex) but it gets Hot just like a plasma gun ( in otherwords Two ones and BOOOOOMMM). The muties also only have a bs of 2 ;p so i was thinking it might not even be worth arming them since i mainly only use them to hold people back (cannon fodder :lol: ). What do you all think plkease leme know :blink:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd go with the fire arms if only to watch your own guys blown themselves away. it is chaos afterall and we dont care about the little ones.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey if its free take it why not let the fodder geta chance to blow something else away besides themselves. besides its really cool when you kill your own guy's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say take the firearms. Who cares if the mutants blow themselves up? They cost what,6 points? you can afford to lose them-chances are they'll take out somthing that's much more expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea... you need a five or six to hit, and only a one to explode. Them's good odds...
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cant they be armed with stubber as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is true 2 of the mutants in the squad are "spechal weapons" team can have the heavy stubber for +5 pnts or a flamer at +3 pnts i went flamer cause you dont got to roll to hit ;p so there low bs isnt a factor ;p the hvy stbber is the same as the stubber just it has 36 inch range and is heavy 3 (no get hot rule) and is assult 3 when used by BIG mutants :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about Firearms. I have not read up on it lately, but I think it'll replace your CC weapon. It just depends if you want to have a chance at shooting, and having 'em killed by the gettin' hot and stuff. Or, havin' 'em get in CC, and havin' an extra (how many are left) attacks. I don't know, I'd have Traitors for long/medium range, and use mutants for CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, Firearms aren't worth the trouble. Chances are you'll kill more of your own guys by shooting them than the enemy, and that's never a good tradeoff. Your other option, of course, is to spend 1 point per model to give them laspistols - if you plan on taking a Boss, you should do this, since then whatever your Boss takes from the Armoury (say a Power Fist) counts as an extra close combat weapon, and gives him just as many attacks as your Arch Heretic in an assault. Firearms, being a two-handed weapon, won't let you do this. Personally, I think it's fun to just take 30-man vanilla squads of Plague Zombies and slowly shamble towards the enemy. Something about outnumbering Ork armies that puts a smile on my face...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your valuable imput all I still havent decided yet but im fairly sure im going to go non firearms ;p with them. But as far as plauge zombies go... im not into that ;p toooo slow for me ;p and most of the time my muties are bein led by my aspiren champ HQ. but spekin of too slow lately i been talkin to a friend that REALY thins i aught to give them the Move as clvery +6pnt mutations ;p i am not too keen on this idea what do you guys think?

Closed Thread