Slanesh Marines + Fabius bile - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slanesh Marines + Fabius bile

Has anyone tried this out?

My close combat squad looked a little..underwhelming in a 750 point game (10 cc marines + P.fist..Not bad, but nothing special).

I took a look at the codex and thought "Hrm"

6 Noise marines
    -MoS
    -5x Sonic blasters
    -Free asp
    -Powersword
    Enhancement
    True grit

185 points....Quite high...But :

They can shoot well. They move forward while providing cover fire....Move 6, shoot (assaultbolters^^) and thencharge...They can't claim the attack bonus, but they can claim them as CC wepons for the rest of the turn, allowing 2 attacks.

Said attacks are coming at str5 (since they are imbued) along with warpscream. The other two effects (+1 attack/+1 init) are simply gravy....

What do you guys think of having this squad by my secondary frontline squad? Backing them up I have 10 marines for CC(pfist+Enhancement) as well as a Las squad and an AC squad...With 70 some points left over to boost the numbers if need be on my anti-vehicular/ranged squads.

Seems to me that they'd slaughter people in melee..and if they needed to avoid it for a turn, heavy3 shots from their blasters would be quite fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

You have made quite a lot of mistakes in your tactic. For one, you cant be enhanced if you have a mark. 2, where has true grit come from? That's the mark of nurgle. They don't need true grit to charge and shoot anyway, sonic blasters are assault weapons.

Yes, you are right, this squad would pwn (not own, pwn), but you can't have it. Sorry. But no.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Well you can be enhanced if you have the Chaos Undivided Mark, but not if you're dedicated to a specific god, so yes Monsieurcartier is absolutly right on that one, this squad is illegal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Thyr, my codex says 'any number of chaos space marine squads without a mark can be enhanced buy Bile's treatment'

So not even undivided marines can have it from what I've got. I may have an out of date codex though, there seem to be may editions with no way of telling which is which aside from being told you are wrong here.
    --Monsieur

-Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a squad of noise marines with sonic blasters and AC with powerweapon/fist would be pretty good anyway -- strike before most enemies, can pump a ton of fire into the squad first, and can still follow it up with an assault. A bit low on the attacks, but it would be a great squad for taking on undedicated CC squads, and, with sonic blasters, it can still serve a multipurpose role as a mobile firebase.
    Sithlet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Veteran skills true grit....but it was late and I wasnt around a codex, that could very well not be one

As I look : No, it is not. Massive mistake on my part.

Need to read closer...ah well. glad I got that figured out

Bile is just for my 500 point list, because I don't see him used very often + str5 marines....Would have been fun though.

I'll still throw noise marines in as an elite choice...cause they own pretty solidly statwise.

Edit :

"any number of chaos space marines may be enhanced by bile's treatment. This costs Xpoints per model"

Maybe an out of date dex?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Bile in 500? I'd have an Lt with a mark, power weapon and d.strength. 114pts is a lot in 500, you'd best spend it on some units. Not many of those flying round in a 500pt chaos list.

I'd add the Noise marines, they make a great firebase and can be worth taking in small games (with small unit sizes) as an auxiliary unit.

<EDIT>My codex says 'any number of chaos marine squads without a mark (and then rambles on about how they have to be boring footsloggers) can be enhanced'. So yes, you may have an out of date codex. Saying that, so do I as it doesnt mention the Berzerker Glaive and the cheeky making him faster. </EDIT>
    Last edited by Monsieur Cartier; April 28th, 2005 at 21:18.
    --Monsieur

-Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like him simply to add to my frontline's str.

If I wasn't tooling around with friends I'd most likely go for a cheap LT (P.sword, D str, Bpist, maybe dem resilience)

LT 81

5x Marines 80
    -AC

5xMarines 80
    -AC

Dread
    -TL AC

Noise Marinesx6 149
    Asp
    P.sword
    Blasters

Comes to 500, lots of goodies in the way of hth, Long range support..etc. This is most likely what I'd take as a list to a tourney, but for the ubering up of a CC squad of marines I like Bile...+ The rod of torment is fun vs multi-wounds.

Took a look through some stuff, turns out you gents are right, they cannot be.
    Last edited by Rook; April 28th, 2005 at 22:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, you know, you only get a free aspiring champion if you're playing a pure Emperor's Children army.

thank you and good night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by monsieurcartier
    Thyr, my codex says 'any number of chaos space marine squads without a mark can be enhanced buy Bile's treatment'

So not even undivided marines can have it from what I've got. I may have an out of date codex though, there seem to be may editions with no way of telling which is which aside from being told you are wrong here.
    Re-read your codex, you are adding word in there It says that "he can enhance... Any number of chaos Space Marine Squad" it doesn't say without a mark.

So since a Chaos Space Marine squad is still called a Chaos Space Marine Squad with the Mark of Chaos Undivided you can still enhance them. If you dedicate them they become Berzerkers, Noise Marines, Plague Marines or Thousand Sons so therefore they cannot be enhanced.

Check it out...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast