Tips On Building.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tips On Building..

Ok, I dont know which army im going to collect but chaos bar far looks the best, i was wondering what armies you guys collect and why, i might be able to get some ideas from yas

Khorne look nice, but i dunoo all the other chapters.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

I play IW simply because I enjoy their fluff ( just read Storm of Iron ) and they do posess some nifty special rules to them.
    Also conversion options are surprisingly quite easy to make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I personally love Chaos. I think that they have the most fantastically rich history, and have a kind of savage tragedy to them. That, and it's always cool to play the bad guys.

Khorne: This was the first army I started playing. It was a choice between this and Slaanesh for my first army. I loved the "Over the top, Lads" WWI feel of them, me being a great lover of the insane old Dougie Hague. I probably wouldn't have chosen them had I known how popular they are, but I have just gone through a revival in interest and I love them as much as I used to. They are awesomely powerful in CC, and have a surprising number of combat tricks for being "the army that plays itself".

LatD: This was the second army I collected. I think I wanted it, at the start, because they are a rare army, unlike Khorne. But I just loved the idea of a Chaos Horde army. They are an incredible amount of fun to play and to convert, but I am still having a really hard time deciding on what my Army is going to be. Thus far it's mostly Mutants, but I want to induct more Traitors. The benefit of this army is it's options. There's so much you can do.

Slaanesh: My more rescent aquisition. I love the idea of a group of tyrannical hedonists going around the galaxy extracting their pleasure from the pain of others. That's a great theme. And besides that they're an incredibly strong army, proficient at both shooting and CC. And I love their colour scheme. People are always so conservative in their paint job. It's just great to see a bright pink, blue, yellow and green army on the battlefield.

Tzeench: My newest army. I love these little sorcerers. Psychic powers have always interested me, but there is no real army that gets a descent access to them. Eldar come close, but even then it's not must beyond their seer council. So the idea of having nasty psychic powers per squad is just fantastic to me. The thing I love about these guys is that they prove even the weakest things can be powerful. Their guys are just armed with bolters, and I have never appreciated how nasty bolters can be until these guys jump out of a Rhino on turn 1 and rapid-fire anything in sight, then lose maybe 1-2 models and do it again next turn.
    Current Armies:
    Beasts of Chaos (4000)
    Chaos Marines (3000)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

I play Undivided.

I really love being able to throw different elite units at my friends ork army! It keeps him guessing and the tactical options make every game different.

Plus I don't have to collect all the units of every single chaos army to get a taste for what works best.

And I can mix and match non conflicting elites with no penalties (except point cost!) I.E. : a squad of 2 wound thousand sons laying down covering fire while advancing slowly behind a blood maddened, squad of possessed with a mark of khorne and D. mutation can put the fear of 2 gods into your opponent!! :lol:
    Last edited by Joker; May 5th, 2005 at 14:07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well my thoughts are now, slannesh or khorne, they both sound great, also i have just seen the slannesh paint job and they look great i think one of these 2 armies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

For the same reason as above, I play Iron Warriors. I had read storm of chaos right before starting into 40K, and I was sold. Then I read their rules, and truly enjoy massive amounts of heavy fire power. Can't explain it, but its just fun dropping 3 or more ordiance templates followed up by Obliterators making their way across the board
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Weaklings! None of these chaos commanders know the true reason for their abilitys. Only those who truly command us, the chaos gods will awnser that. Choose the path undivided, not only do the chaos gods guide you bot you follow the unquestionable will of the warmaster and his awe inspires all chaos! To be blessed by 4 creatures of greatness and the wisdom of a great leader, this is truly a great universe!"

Errr ya now to get serious. I picked to play undivided because of the many ways you can play them. Also with the right imagination you can create a swell looking army. I'm about to take pictures of half my army I got painted. Tobad my camera sucks! Gonna get a really good one soon so I can show of my skills. Also I play plain chaos because of their fluff. Also, having a giant walking tank isn't half bad either. ;p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne will cut your undivided ass off any day! I play Guard, but i used to play khorne. I made a dude with spiky bits, a mohawk, made up of bayonets, along with stuff from the khorne armory, he became a legend amoung his kin. he is... MOHAWKIE JOE!!! He single handedly destroyed a necron army, 700 pts of mangled and phasing out metal. it was good. :cool:
    ''I AM A BANANA!!!'' -Regected cartoons
    Space marines = AMETURES in big armour!!
    The ANZAC Clan is gonna kick your international ass!!
    http://www.myspace.com/shannonisbig

+ Reply to Thread